Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates seven professional sports teams: the 2018 Arena Football League champion Washington Valor, AFL’s Baltimore Brigade, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which will serve as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Manger, Web Development is responsible for developing, managing and maintaining the primary websites for the Washington Wizards.
- Partner with internal and external content managers, editors, designers, developers, and other staff to ensure sites meet their needs, align with the brand strategy platform, and meet MSE web standards.
- Build pages for digital properties utilizing multiple CMS tools as well as front-end development capabilities.
- Fluent in development optimization techniques to deliver the best user experiences in the most technically efficient manner.
- Day-to-day website management including improving the functionality/design, and making content updates/changes.
- Ongoing SEO strategy, evaluation, analysis and recommendation for Wizards websites.
- Conduct SEO audits, detailing baselines, benchmarks, and changes.
- Lead all aspects of the Washington Wizards mobile app, ensuring up to date content.
- Actively ensure most recent content and news are on the website at all times.
- Support other MSE team websites as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 2+ years professional experience leading content for high traffic websites.
- Expertise in web content, usability, architecture, development and design.
- Working experience with HTML, CSS, Adobe Creative Suite (Specifically Photoshop)/Creative Cloud, and Adobe Analytics.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with mobile-first and responsive design cross-platform testing (IE, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of content management systems.
- Self-motivator with ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines while producing quality, high volume work.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to develop insights and recommendations from data.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.