Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and 2020 NBA 2K League’s Champion Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE recently opened the first ever in-arena sportsbook with William Hill at Capital One Arena and also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Manager, Guest Relations position is responsible for leading all aspects of staffing needs including hiring, training, and scheduling of personnel and operational activities for Capital One Arena events. This position will work to ensure our staff continue to make Monumental Memories for our guests.
Are you an experienced event staffing manager with a passion for delivering outstanding customer service? We would love to hear from you!
- Lead point of contact for the guest relations staff during events.
- Recruit, hire, and train part-time event staff.
- Build out staffing estimates and corresponding deployment maps for all events.
- Run monthly department staffing schedule.
- Build CSC needs including monthly staffing numbers and mapping CSC assignments.
- Coordinate department ISS 24-7 system, event dispatchers and ISS Devices.
- Plan and lead staff trainings and annual employee performance evaluations.
- Serve as an ambassador for CREATE Monumental Memories Program.
- Resolve guest concerns utilizing multiple channels as needed.
- Update and continue to develop department handbooks, operating procedures and training processes.
- Maintain up-to-date team member information.
- Track and supervise event attendance and statistics.
- Cover essential department functions when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years of event or related professional experience.
- Experience working with a unionized workforce.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop positive working relationship and interact comfortably with clients, partners and team members at all levels.
- Ability to optimally balance a diverse workload and prioritize workload in order to complete projects on a deadline.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic proficiency with computers and MS Office programs.
- Outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.