Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates seven professional sports teams: the 2018 Arena Football League champion Washington Valor, AFL’s Baltimore Brigade, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which will serve as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Manager, Digital Content is responsible for producing original graphic and video content for the Washington Wizards official team site, official social channels, and team mobile app.
- Develop the original video content from concept and initial pitch through final execution.
- Elevate photography, create, capture, and produce video and other on-demand content at games and practices.
- Conceptualize content for daily social use, such as short-form, behind-the-scenes, and hype videos.
- Ideate and design static and motion graphics for use on digital and social platforms.
- Optimize content for each social platform in terms of sizing, relevance, and timing.
- Work with internal departments throughout the season to successfully and effectively market team initiatives.
- Support game day/night coverage of all home and road games in addition to team events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2+ years of experience in content production with a focus on digital media.
- Photography experience, preferred.
- Strong content editing and creation skills, utilizing Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator, and others.
- Experienced in graphic design, motion graphics experience a plus.
- Ability to work creatively and efficiently in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong understanding of professional lighting and sound in produced video content.
- Knowledgeable about NBA players and teams; experience in professional sports is helpful.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility to travel and work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.