Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness
Position Overview: The Manager, Digital Asset is a cross-functional position responsible for digital asset management, digital vendor management, and project management. This role will focus on ingesting, detailing, organizing, and maintaining assets in our DAM, a cross-functional digital asset management platform used by a variety of internal teams.
- Manage the processes and tools related to collecting, curating, cataloging, retrieval, and socialization of digital content.
- This position will be responsible for approximately 70% Digital Asset Management (DAM), 20% Software Management/Traffic, and 10% Vendor Management.
- Develop a consistent archiving processes for all creative department input and output.
- Define and detail additional asset platforms, workflows, and processes that streamline creative and digital team functions to increase efficiency.
- Obtain final asset approvals from necessary partners and communicate appropriately.
- Ensure quality assurance for assets prior to placement, ensure localization considerations have been made, and communicate and document usage and licensing rights.
- Receive and review new asset requests, make recommendations, manage retrieval and delivery and consult on alternative solutions as needed.
- Lead global usage rights across all disciplines; auditing, decommissioning, and gathering insights about content gaps.
- Manage DAM user administration, vendor relationship management, and training team on accurate usage.
- Develop and execute effective and targeted content socialization and reporting processes; collaborating with respective teams to drive more comprehensive integration of content throughout internal and external marketing channels.
- Support the Creative Services team with project request process, prioritization, coordinating kickoffs, confirming approvals and budget, and coordinating discipline-team implementation for cross-functional projects.
- Identify patterns among requests and align stakeholder needs to consolidate project request and resources for increased efficiency.
- Regularly meet with Marketing Directors in order to actively identify needs to produce content with long-term value.
- Responsible for web agency management and DAM vendor relationship management, including system maintenance, functionality upgrades and associated QAing, management of new website launches, and provide training on accurate usage of CMS and standard methodologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience coordinating design teams, and working directly with Designers, Copywriters, Creative Directors, Project Managers and Production Teams.
- Adept at building reciprocal partnerships across teams.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively as a leader or member of a cross-functional team.
- Familiarity with enterprise digital asset management (DAM) software and content management systems (CMS); WordPress a plus.
- Ability to design/extend cataloging taxonomy and define content policies.
- In-depth knowledge of file formats (print, digital, video) and media usage rights terminology.
- Familiarity with licensing agreements and rights-management.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.