Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates seven professional sports teams: the 2018 Arena Football League champion Washington Valor, AFL’s Baltimore Brigade, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which will serve as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Manager, Business Intelligence will support operations by developing analyses for key revenue generating areas of Monumental Sports & Entertainment’s various lines of business with a particular focus on the Monumental Sports Network (MSN) and Ticketing Sales & Service. This position will provide key insights and supporting data for existing initiatives as well as recommendations to support growth.
- Support the development and implementation of operational strategies to effectively drive MSN subscriber and revenue growth.
- Build bench-marking metrics and dashboards to provide clear insight into historical, current and projected performance.
- Work closely with third party partners to troubleshoot technical issues and to find opportunities for improvement and growth.
- Collaborate with email and digital marketing departments to optimize marketing strategies and ad spending.
- Design subscription plans and pricing optimization strategies.
- Manage the ticket sales lead identification, cleansing, scoring and distribution process.
- Provide key analytical insights for secondary data sets.
- Work with data warehouse vendor to ensure data timeliness and accuracy while identifying new sources for integration.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to address specific business questions and produce actionable insights.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong proficiency in SQL or similar relational database management systems.
- Strong proficiency working with business intelligence software solutions, Tableau preferred.
- Experience working with large volumes of disparate sets of data along with extract/transform/load (ETL), data cleansing, standardization, and data warehousing.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with strong critical thinking and attention to detail.
- Maturity, professionalism, and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, meet deadlines and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to work extended hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.