Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and 2020 NBA 2K League’s Champion Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE recently opened the first ever in-arena sportsbook with William Hill at Capital One Arena and also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com
.MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Junior Motion Graphics Designer is responsible for creating motion and still graphics to be incorporated into content for in-game elements, web elements, TV broadcasts, in-arena assets, and special projects to be aired in appropriate venues.
Are you a motion graphics designer who is deadline driven, organized, and passionate about storytelling through created content? We would love to hear from you!
- Create graphics including web elements, in-game elements, TV broadcast elements, in-arena assets, and special projects (e.g. videos for private events).
- Support the Graphics team in the creation of animated/still graphics.
- Brainstorming with the creative team to help reach desired vision of client.
- Prepare rough elements for initial concept presentations for clients to review as part of brand marketing.
- Creation of fully realized graphics, style-boards, video looks, and overlays to incorporate into finished edited content for marketing, sponsorship, broadcast, digital delivery, web, and in-game entertainment.
- Assist in preparing shot lists needed for graphics and possible storyboards for Production Crew as part of pre-production process.
- Stay up to date with new technologies such as virtual reality and 360- degree videos and be able to build graphics that live within those platforms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Strong fundamentals in design, animation, typography, and color.
- Excellent understanding of compositing.
- Solid understanding of 2D/3D software such as After Effects, C4D, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Deadline driven with excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills and a positive team member.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
All applicants for employment at Monumental Sports are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Monumental Sports will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief, disability or pregnancy on an individualized basis in accordance with applicable laws.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.