Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates seven professional sports teams: the 2018 Arena Football League champion Washington Valor, AFL’s Baltimore Brigade, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which will serve as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: This position will assist the Franchise Marketing department to promote the Capital City Go-Go (NBA G League) and the Washington Mystics (WNBA) brands through a variety of projects. This is a paid internship.
- Build and support execution of marketing plans for various grassroots marketing initiatives.
- Assist with projects and tasks assigned by the Director of Marketing & SVP of Team Services.
- Execute marketing activation for the 2019-2020 Capital City Go-Go season.
- Contribute to copywriting of various marketing communications including newsletters, sales offers, event messaging, and brand campaigns.
- Oversee the start of the season needs for the Washington Mystics 2020 season.
- Work Go-Go home games at the Entertainment and Sports Arena.
- Organize and maintain the marketing department event calendar- Internal and external Franchise events.
- Coordinate with the Marketing Coordinators for grassroots event responsibilities.
- Support marketing activations at special fan events.
- Review company website to ensure accuracy of marketing offers.
- Assist with fan development groups including youth, women & LGBTQ initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student.
- You are dedicated, outgoing, hard-working, punctual, and a phenomenal teammate.
- Previous Marketing experience a plus.
- Excellent communication skills; creative.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects; detail driven; fast learner.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- General knowledge of professional sports.
- Reliable access to transportation and housing.
- Valid drivers license.
- Ability to lift between 25-50lbs unassisted.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.