Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates seven professional sports teams: the 2018 Arena Football League champion Washington Valor, AFL’s Baltimore Brigade, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which will serve as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. www.monumentalsports.com
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: This part-time position is responsible for supplying outstanding service to the VIP members of The Players Club during home games.
- Manage The Players Club guest experience.
- Greet and welcome VIP Members as they enter The Players Club, assisting with coat check and seating as necessary.
- Engage with members throughout the events in The Players Club, looking for ways to enhance and improve the VIP experience.
- Serves as a liaison between VIP Members and Management.
- Build a rapport with The Players Club members and frequent guests.
- Work with Aramark’s management to ensure members and their guests experiences in The Players Club are 5-Star quality.
- Monitor club conditions in The Players Club and works with maintenance to ensure that high standards are met.
- Ensure game programs and notes are available for members.
- Work with Aramark to implement special theme nights in The Players Club to enhance the overall club experience.
- Continually seek new ways to enhance the VIP experience and 5-Star service.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills by being articulate, expressive and clear.
- Organized with the ability to problem solve in a dynamic work environment.
- Hardworking, detail oriented, and results driven.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Requires prolonged standing and the ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.