Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and 2020 NBA 2K League’s Champion Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena (COA) in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus.
- In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE recently opened the first ever in-arena sports book with William Hill at COA and also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Washington Capitals are looking for positive and motivated individuals who are passionate about gaining membership service experience with a professional sports organization. This position is responsible for supporting the Membership Services department during home games.
Are you positive, outgoing, love sports and passionate about supporting the Capitals? We would love to hear from you!
- Provide excellent customer service to all guests.
- Support the distribution of giveaway items to fans.
- Efficiently respond to fan and season-ticket member inquiries.
- Work closely with department staff in the execution of game night duties.
- Support the set up and breakdown of Membership Services areas including VIP seating.
- Be familiar with and answer questions related to season-ticket member benefits and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous customer service experience is helpful.
- Strong communication skills to positively communicate and interact with guests and fans.
- Organized with the ability to multi-task and problem solve in a dynamic work environment.
- Hardworking, detail oriented, and results driven.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Requires prolonged standing, walking, and stair climbing to access full facility.
- Able to comfortably lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Availability to work most Capitals home games during the season.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.