Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in DC. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
The Specialist, Facility Logistics position is responsible for the day-to-day office operations and supply management at the Medstar Health Performance Center. This position will support operations including efficiently screen incoming mail, maintain office supply inventory, send time-sensitive mailing, stock staffing areas, and assisting with other tasks as assigned.
Do you have experience providing facility operations support in an office environment? If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
- Responsible for receiving, processing, and delivering all mail, packages and interoffice correspondence handling to employees and clients.
- Coordinate the handling, routing, pick-up and delivery activities of mail operations within the facility.
- Process, record and organize all mail and packages, including inbound/outbound packages, mail machine manifest records and certified/registered postal information.
- Maintain facility resources equipment such as copiers and printers including troubleshooting, servicing and scheduling service appointments.
- Organize, stock, and distribute office supplies as requested while maintaining appearance of copy rooms and supply areas.
- Communicate with various groups to maintain inventory of beverages and food items in training areas and employee break spaces.
- Demonstrate flexibility in satisfying customer demand in a fast-paced environment.
- Stay ahead of couriers’ changing policies, procedures, and rates with regard to mailing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant work experience required.
- 1+ years office experience preferred.
- Digital literacy including proficiency using both PC and Apple products and applications.
- Must demonstrate professional verbal, written and interpersonal communication.
- Organized with the ability to problem-solve and make effective decisions in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Physical activity required, ability to easily lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Flexibility to work extended hours including evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
All applicants for employment at Monumental Sports are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Monumental Sports will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief, disability or pregnancy on an individualized basis in accordance with applicable laws.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.