Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and 2020 NBA 2K League’s Champion Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena (COA) in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE recently opened the first ever in-arena sports book with William Hill at COA and also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Event Staff Supervisor is responsible for team member supervision, crowd management, and executing Capital One Arena and Guest Relations Department event policies and procedures.
Are you organized, have customer service experience, and excellent interpersonal skills? We would love to hear from you!
- Provide information, assistance and direction to guests and team members.
- Responsible for crowd management and enforcing COA policies.
- Utilizes conflict resolution, de-escalation and mediation techniques to resolve guest disruptions.
- Accommodate, direct and support injured guests to First Aid.
- Assist guests in searching for lost articles or persons.
- Resolve seat discrepancies, perform seat relocations and assist guests with disabilities requests for accommodations as needed.
- Ensure safe and proper usage of disabled lifts, escalators, elevators, ticket scanners and radios.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping and safety policies.
- Understand, retain, and adhere to safety protocols and procedures to ensure guests and team members safety in case of an emergency.
- Monitor entrances, escalators, elevators, seating sections, club areas and smoking areas.
- Assist with efficient line management inside and outside the arena.
- Perform post event building sweep as assigned, ensuring that all guests have exited and that all doors are secured.
- Efficiently report any possible threats, hazards, and harassment claims to management.
- Investigate and complete incident and corrective action reports as needed.
- Complete event information and checklists in a timely manner; including corrective action and incident reports.
- Notify management of all team member issues and ensure that an accurate level of corrective action is received.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of related experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, peers and direct reports.
- Able to work effectively both independently and on a team.
- Strong problem solving skills and able to make decisions in a fast paced environment.
- Exemplify a strong commitment and willingness to provide outstanding customer service.
- Requires prolonged standing, sitting, walking and stair climbing to access full range of facility.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
All applicants for employment at Monumental Sports are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Monumental Sports will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief, disability or pregnancy on an individualized basis in accordance with applicable laws.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.