Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company.
As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Director, Post Production Supervisor position will provide direction and oversight of Monumental Productions’ Post-Production workflow, media management, technical coordination and planning. This position will also lead and support some of the Post-Production team.
If you are an experienced post-production professional with a passion for building a brand, storytelling and growing a fan base we would love to hear from you!
- Act as lead for post-production team operations and content in post-production pipeline.
- Encourage and lead staff as they continue to develop and pitch content styles, looks, and other creative ideas to Productions team and clients, for both short-form and long-form post-production initiatives.
- Lead production graphics team to ensure all graphic elements are approved as they develop content deliverables, coordinating with Productions team and clients to ensure all graphic elements have been approved in advance of distribution.
- Supervise and allocate workflow among post-production staff to maximize quality while building training opportunities to develop a work-team structure that emphasizes efficiency, creativity, and career development.
- Lead post-production scheduling and workflows to ensure that content pieces are delivered on agreed to timelines and budgets.
- Build priorities for post-production team to follow and ensure goals are being met on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis.
- Participate in editorial staff meetings to maintain workflow efficiencies including handling communication with staff to clearly define directions and parameters for each project throughout all phases of content production and delivery.
- Work closely with Production team to oversee and approve vital changes to production and staff schedules, content deliveries and overages.
- Ensure consistent troubleshooting for projects during production to verify workflows are efficient and operational issues are minimized.
- Supervise, maintain and build upon current Post-Production infrastructure and processes to maximize efficiencies, including edit stations, media storage, asset management, and archival solutions.
- Ensure gameday footage is available quickly including creating final content masters so that every project is included into the Monumental DAM and server archive.
- Coordinate the organization and timely filing of all relevant post-production documentation (e.g. music cue sheets, 3rd party footage, and releases) upon completion of projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 7+ years experience as Post-Production Supervisor/Senior Editor.
- Expertise in long-form and short-form content, animation or graphic design, and post-production.
- Knowledge of various content formats including live event/sports programming, digital/OTT content production, post-production hardware and software, and post-production timelines.
- Senior-level participation in team-based post-production infrastructure, including scheduling for productions team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, time management, and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and lead business relationships in a professional and confidential manner.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to quickly make decisions in a fast paced environment are required.
- Solid understanding of editing and graphics software, especially the Adobe Creative Suite of programs.
- Knowledge of post-production workflow technology, infrastructure, and processes.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and occasional holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.