Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and 2020 NBA 2K League’s Champion Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena (COA) in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE recently opened the first ever in-arena sports book with William Hill at COA and also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Director, Inside Sales is responsible for leading the training and day to day management of the Inside Sales team in a continuing effort to generate maximum revenue through the sale of full season, partial season, and group ticket plans.
Do you have sales management experience, are highly motivated, passionate about building a career in sales, and love sports? We would love to hear from you!
- Lead a team of sales executives by advising sales activities, setting and reviewing sales targets, coaching, mentoring, and training.
- Lead the sales team in making effective sales calls and presentations focused on promoting the purchase of the team’s ticket products to meet established sales objectives.
- Hire, train and develop the inside sales team both individually and as a team.
- Identify key partnerships within the community to further develop the inside sales initiative.
- Identify business opportunities by establishing professional and personal networks, and proactively soliciting and following-up on all sales leads.
- Provide reporting information by maintaining accurate reports regarding sales, appointments and account maintenance.
- Upholds the sales and service mandates and expectations of the department by working in conjunction with the entire ticket sales and service department.
- Work closely with the Manager, Inside Sales, Vice President, Ticket Sales and Service, and the Senior Vice President, Ticket Sales and Service to develop sales bonus and commission structure.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, marketing, or related field.
- 2+ years of successful ticket sales management experience.
- 3+ years of successful ticket sales experience with a pro or college sports team.
- Experience leading an inside sales program.
- Organized with the ability to prioritize several projects and problem-solve in a dynamic, fast paced work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build positive professional relationships and interact comfortably and effectively with individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Experience with Archtics and Ticketmaster.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Results driven approach to selling and sales management.
- Digital literacy including proficiency using the Microsoft Office suite.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
All applicants for employment at Monumental Sports are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Monumental Sports will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief, disability or pregnancy on an individualized basis in accordance with applicable laws.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.