Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates seven professional sports teams: the 2018 Arena Football League champion Washington Valor, AFL’s Baltimore Brigade, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which will serve as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. www.monumentalsports.com
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Director, Digital Marketing is responsible for leading digital marketing strategy, including web destinations, social media, and paid digital media, for the NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go and WNBA’s Washington Mystics.
- Develop and lead all aspects of digital marketing campaigns designed to increase consumer awareness, drive ticket sales and game attendance, and drive existing fan engagement.
- Lead the development of overall digital communications strategic plans.
- Design and execute a robust digital influencer initiative to support business objectives.
- Support the email marketing team to help manage content and help drive integration with digital marketing strategy and campaign tactics.
- Drive strategic improvements into consistent application across all touchpoints.
- Ensure digital and social communications are branded consistently and in-line with Team design direction.
- Work with the Business Intelligence team to measure the effectiveness of the digital and social marketing programs in order to identify and develop opportunities for improvement.
- Support the League and other external partners to lead and optimize joint initiatives.
- Work with internal stakeholders and designers to ensure that creative communications used in digital are in line with the overall Team Marketing.
- Drive new digital and social media communications innovations into testing and practice.
- Lead, develop, and retain an engaged, high performing team.
- Evaluate employee performance and provide mentoring feedback by defining individual objectives and development plans that align with business goals.
- Identify and assist with recruiting and attracting the best talent.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years digital marketing experience; sport digital experience.
- Digital marketing certification and/or qualification.
- Experience in web, social, search engine, display and email marketing.
- Experience and in depth understanding of paid, owned and earned digital media.
- Experience working as a people leader.
- Ability to carry out all digital functions.
- Marketing experience with an expertise in digital marketing.
- Great project management, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Outstanding work ethic, strong desire to succeed, eagerness to learn, integrity and a passion for sports.
- Ambitious nature and positive attitude.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.