Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and 2020 NBA 2K League’s Champion Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena (COA) in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE recently opened the first ever in-arena sports book with William Hill at COA and also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: This position will assist with the day-to-day operations of the Ticket Sales and Membership Services Departments. The role requires someone who is well organized, capable of multitasking, and complete projects on a deadline.
Do you have sales support experience and are looking to grow your career in sports & entertainment? We would love to hear from you!
- Work closely with the Director of Ticket Sales and Director of Membership Services to support the daily activities of Capitals Tickets Sales and Membership Service representatives.
- Assist in the design and production of sales collateral, including sales brochures, flyers, and other collateral material.
- Help plan and run sales-related events and promotions; i.e., open house events, pre/post-game events, prospect receptions, events, etc.
- Work all Capitals home games and assist in the execution of sales and service-related initiatives taking place at the games.
- Improve use of the Archtics ticketing system and Salesforce.com CRM to support staff through sales reporting, prospecting, and lead distribution.
- Prepare email communications to clients and fans regarding ticket sales initiatives, game information, season ticket member benefits, and team updates
- Handle the ordering of promotional items, i.e., jerseys, t-shirts, novelty items, wristbands, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1 or more years of experience working in a sales support role is preferred.
- Experience with MS Office and the Archtics ticketing system preferred.
- Available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Do you have strong organizational skills and attention to detail?
- Are you excellent with time management and interpersonal skills?
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.