Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Coordinator, Guest Relations is responsible for providing administrative support to the Guest Relations Department.
- Maintaining Team Member information including employee files and contact information.
- Oversee event needs including staff schedules, event assignments, staff check in, and event reports.
- Respond to guest concerns as they arise in person, via email, and over the telephone.
- Assist with part-time staff including job applications, departmental records, and employee forms.
- Reconcile department payroll.
- Create signage to communicate various information for assigned events.
- Maintain past event and guest concerns records.
- Responsible for procurement of department supplies, uniforms and other items.
- Assist with preparation and execution of staff training's.
- Support the management of department intern.
- Coordinate with finance department in compiling and tracking department purchases into yearly budget book.
- Understand and act in compliance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between MSE and the part-time union staff.
- Act as Manager on Duty for events as needed.
- Track and mange staff attendance, contacting staff as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1+ years administrative experience.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Knowledge of ABI preferred.
- Ability to effectively balance a diverse workload and complete projects on a deadline.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.