Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and 2020 NBA 2K League’s Champion Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena (COA) in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE recently opened the first ever in-arena sports book with William Hill at COA and also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Manager, Social is responsible for handling the day-to-day content creation, publishing, copywriting, and channel management for the official social media accounts of the Washington Wizards. This position will focus on engaging and growing audience on social media, while developing and maintaining the Wizards social media publishing calendar. Ideal candidates will possess a deep understanding of how audiences digest and engage with social content, industry trends, data analytics, and have a passion for sports, entertainment, and pop culture.
Do you have digital marketing or social media management experience and are passionate about developing and crafting exciting content to drive engagement? We would love to hear from you!
- Lead day-to-day content publishing for all Wizards social accounts, ensuring all content is in the Wizards defined tone and voice.
- Assist in the development and execution of the social media strategy, channel guidelines, goals, and audience targets across all platforms.
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop and manage weekly social publishing calendars.
- Develop and build content ideas to support partnership pitches and planned marketing campaigns.
- Build and share engaging social content and activations.
- Collaborate with Wizards Marketing, Sales, and Partnerships teams to create social and editorial campaigns to reach target audiences.
- Monitor and assess social media analytics dashboards and reporting to identify areas of improvement across platforms.
- Create and distribute content focused on growing social followers and league rankings on all platforms.
- Optimize content for each social platform in terms of sizing, relevance, and timing.
- Support game day/night coverage for all team games and events.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2+ years experience in social media and/or digital marketing.
- Proven understanding of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitch, YouTube, TikTok, etc.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.) a plus, but not required.
- Experience with social listening and analytics tools is preferred (CrowdTangle, TrackMaven, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong visual design eye, with regard to graphics, photography, and produced video content
- Self-starter with the ability to work creatively and efficiently in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Knowledgeable about NBA players and teams; experience in professional sports is helpful.
- Flexibility to travel and work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
All applicants for employment at Monumental Sports are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Monumental Sports will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief, disability or pregnancy on an individualized basis in accordance with applicable laws.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.