Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: This Assistant, Membership Services is responsible for managing an assigned account base of existing season ticket holders during the season ticket renewal period for the Washington Wizards. This position will prioritize establishing relationships by providing world-class service, learning about and developing relationships with account holders, and delivering excellent communication to clients in attempt to renew the portfolio of accounts.
- Meet and exceed retention goals with assigned season ticket member account base.
- Present oneself as the main point of contact for assigned account base during the 2020 ticket renewal period.
- Build strong working relationships through active communication, including seat visits, phone calls, emails, and other relevant communication channels.
- Make a minimum of thirty outbound calls per day to season ticket clients to discuss and process their renewals.
- Maintain up to date knowledge in order to effectively communicate all team happenings, events, and relevant plan holder benefits.
- Pro-actively respond and resolve customer complaints, requests, and inquiries from assigned account base; resolve difficult situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Ensure plan holder information and data are accurate and complete for assigned accounts.
- Work select Wizards games with focus on meeting clients in-person to continue developing relationships and create opportunities to discuss renewals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 1+ years experience in service/hospitality, sales, and event management.
- Excellent Communication Skills- interpersonal, verbal, and written.
- Problem solver, creative, detail oriented, and a great teammate.
- Basic knowledge of Archtics Ticketing System.
- Experience using SalesForce or similar CRM system.
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.