Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE) is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates seven major and minor sports teams: 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA’s Washington Wizards, WNBA’s 2019 Championship Washington Mystics, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, 2021 & 2020 NBA 2K League Champion Wizards District Gaming and Caps Gaming, an esports sub-brand of the Capitals. Additionally, it holds a significant investment in a seventh professional team, Team Liquid, an endemic esports team owned and operated by aXiomatic, in which MSE is an investor.
In September 2022, MSE acquired the regional sports network, then-called NBC Sports Washington and newly rebranded as Monumental Sports Network. Monumental Sports Network now holds the exclusive local television media rights to Capitals’, Wizards’, and Mystics’ games. The network is both a linear channel and a digital operation. Prior to acquiring the linear platform, the digital platform was launched by MSE in 2016, as the first-of-its-kind regional sports network for digital, mobile, and streaming platforms. Those linear and digital platforms are now combined and join Caps Radio, Wizards Radio, MSE Outdoor and Monumental Productions for a full suite of six media enterprises.
In addition to Capital One Arena – a venue which hosts 3M+ visitors across over 250 events annually, MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex (training facility for the Capitals), MedStar Health Performance Center (training facility for the Wizards, Mystics, and Go-Go) and EagleBank Arena (a 12,000+ live event venue on George Mason University’s campus).
In July 2020, MSE partnered with William Hill (subsequently acquired by Caesars Entertainment) to open the first ever in-arena sportsbook in North America, now called Caesars Sportsbook. The space now also boasts a destination culinary experience, Guy Fieri’s DC Kitchen + Bar.
MSE opened “District E powered by Ticketmaster” in the spring of 2023, a flagship esports and entertainment venue. This 14,000-square-foot live-event theater offers a 365-day-a-year series of immersive experiences in esports, music, culinary excellence, event programming, and community events.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies, and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Studio Tech will primarily focus on the robotic camera, lighting board, and video shading area of control room. This role will work in other positions such as Technical Director, Audio, Tape Playback, Jib Camera, and Stage Manager as needed.
Do you have outstanding communication skills and a collaborative approach? We'd love to hear from you!
- Ensure proper camera placement and camera location in the studio per production needs. Test and verify all camera equipment is operating correctly.
- Operate Ross robotic camera controls for studio productions, ensuring proper shot composition and focus settings, reacting to Director commands, performing preset camera moves and zooms.
- Understand and implement the role of a video shader, manipulating controls to ensure proper iris and color levels and that cameras match.
- Understand basic lighting theories and principles. Responsible for general maintenance of lights in two production studios and the two insert studios.
- Operate the lighting board for studio production to ensure light levels are appropriate for talent locations and background scenes. Use the lighting board console to load presets. Program and edit the lighting board software as needed.
- Help in other aspects of the technical operation of the facility when necessary.
- Report equipment issues to Engineering and track progress on maintenance and repairs.
- Stay current on the latest studio technology and recommend solutions for improving the studio setup.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience operating camera, video, and lighting equipment in a professional television broadcast studio.
- Knowledge of live television production processes. Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- An interest in sports and MSE’s teams.
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.