Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE) is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates seven major and minor sports teams: 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA’s Washington Wizards, WNBA’s 2019 Championship Washington Mystics, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, 2021 & 2020 NBA 2K League Champion Wizards District Gaming and Caps Gaming, an esports sub-brand of the Capitals. Additionally, it holds a significant investment in a seventh professional team, Team Liquid, an endemic esports team owned and operated by aXiomatic, in which MSE is an investor.
In September 2022, MSE acquired the regional sports network, then-called NBC Sports Washington and newly rebranded as Monumental Sports Network. Monumental Sports Network now holds the exclusive local television media rights to Capitals’, Wizards’, and Mystics’ games. The network is both a linear channel and a digital operation. Prior to acquiring the linear platform, the digital platform was launched by MSE in 2016, as the first-of-its-kind regional sports network for digital, mobile, and streaming platforms. Those linear and digital platforms are now combined and join Caps Radio, Wizards Radio, MSE Outdoor and Monumental Productions for a full suite of six media enterprises.
In addition to Capital One Arena – a venue which hosts 3M+ visitors across over 250 events annually, MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex (training facility for the Capitals), MedStar Health Performance Center (training facility for the Wizards, Mystics, and Go-Go) and EagleBank Arena (a 12,000+ live event venue on George Mason University’s campus).
In July 2020, MSE partnered with William Hill (subsequently acquired by Caesars Entertainment) to open the first ever in-arena sportsbook in North America, now called Caesars Sportsbook. The space now also boasts a destination culinary experience, Guy Fieri’s DC Kitchen + Bar.
MSE opened “District E powered by Ticketmaster” in the spring of 2023, a flagship esports and entertainment venue. This 14,000-square-foot live-event theater offers a 365-day-a-year series of immersive experiences in esports, music, culinary excellence, event programming, and community events.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies, and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Studio Manager will oversee the daily operation of the studios and control rooms in the production facility. This position is responsible for planning, monitoring, managing, and driving productions. This role requires a strong understanding of studio technical infrastructure as well as technical and production workflows.
Do you have creative problem solving skills, a “can-do” demeanor, and the ability to communicate with a wide range of collaborators? We'd love to hear from you!
- Provide day-to-day supervision of studio personnel and equipment.
- Oversee daily scheduling of control rooms and studio spaces.
- Schedule and manage full-time studio staff. Crew and supervise the part-time staff.
- Approve hours and facilitate the payroll process.
- Work with Director of Operations and Production Manager in communicating information about transmission, incoming/outgoing feeds, internal routing of feeds, crew lists, and Operations Notes.
- Coordinate with the Engineering Department to keep the facility in a high-functioning mode by developing workflow efficiencies and early identification of potential problems.
- Operate technical equipment as needed (emergency or off-hours).
- Understand the use of production tools such as the Dalet News Room Control System, the Touch Screen, and Telestration software.
- Create opportunities for staff training and cross-training.
- Provide information, guidance, and feedback about Studio Operations in regular meetings.
- Stay current on the latest broadcast technology and recommend solutions for improving studio productions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience as a studio or production manager.
- Hands-on understanding of live television production processes and equipment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- An interest in sports and MSE’s teams.
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.