Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE) is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates seven major and minor sports teams: 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA’s Washington Wizards, WNBA’s 2019 Championship Washington Mystics, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, 2021 & 2020 NBA 2K League Champion Wizards District Gaming and Caps Gaming, an esports sub-brand of the Capitals. Additionally, it holds a significant investment in a seventh professional team, Team Liquid, an endemic esports team owned and operated by aXiomatic, in which MSE is an investor.
In September 2022, MSE acquired the regional sports network, then-called NBC Sports Washington and newly rebranded as Monumental Sports Network. Monumental Sports Network now holds the exclusive local television media rights to Capitals’, Wizards’, and Mystics’ games. The network is both a linear channel and a digital operation. Prior to acquiring the linear platform, the digital platform was launched by MSE in 2016, as the first-of-its-kind regional sports network for digital, mobile, and streaming platforms. Those linear and digital platforms are now combined and join Caps Radio, Wizards Radio, MSE Outdoor and Monumental Productions for a full suite of six media enterprises.
In addition to Capital One Arena – a venue which hosts 3M+ visitors across over 250 events annually, MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex (training facility for the Capitals), MedStar Health Performance Center (training facility for the Wizards, Mystics, and Go-Go) and EagleBank Arena (a 12,000+ live event venue on George Mason University’s campus).
In July 2020, MSE partnered with William Hill (subsequently acquired by Caesars Entertainment) to open the first ever in-arena sportsbook in North America, now called Caesars Sportsbook. The space now also boasts a destination culinary experience, Guy Fieri’s DC Kitchen + Bar.
MSE opened “District E powered by Ticketmaster” in the spring of 2023, a flagship esports and entertainment venue. This 14,000-square-foot live-event theater offers a 365-day-a-year series of immersive experiences in esports, music, culinary excellence, event programming, and community events.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies, and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Senior Director of Media Engineering & Operations is responsible for the Tier 1/Tier 2 management of broadcast engineering and Information Technology groups within the Technology organization of MSE. The position is entrusted to enforce operational and functional principles of the current technology stack and develop new policies and procedures in tandem with deployment of technology in the production environment. This role is critical to our continued passion of continuous improvement and innovation, while ensuring system security is an integral part of system design, deployment, and operation.
Are you a strong teammate who is experienced in providing solid technological support at an enterprise level? We'd love to hear from you!
- Manage third party vendor services for playout/transmission of Monumental Sports Network services. Provide reports and oversee services to contracted SLA.
- Lead the roll out of new systems, ensuring operational and engineering training is implemented in the transition to production environments.
- Handle the documentation/creation and training to standard operating procedures to ensure process is adhered to across various disciplines in the IT/Broadcast environment.
- Provide regular reporting documentation to leverage for informed decision making on technology infrastructure.
- Project management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in computer engineering/science or related field preferred.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience managing enterprise media and broadcast infrastructure.
- 10+ years as a people leader, inclusive of recruiting, mentoring, and fostering an environment to develop career path for staff.
- Experience leading Tier 1 / Tier 2 support staff through the life cycle of issue resolution.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills, and creative writing ability. Able to work effectively with staff at all levels.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills. Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized; able to balance and prioritize tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Application and server based knowledge.
- Monitor & Control platforms.
- SMPTE 2110/Baseband video/audio knowledge.
- Broadcast Audio mixing/video switching.
- Media Asset Management.
- Live Sports Production/Transmission.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.