Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in DC. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Sr. Director, Monumental Enterprises is primarily responsible for supporting the Enterprises group in identifying, evaluating and implementing an array of new investments or revenue growth opportunities for MSE. This position will support or lead multiple growth projects across multiple departments and business units.
Are you passionate about pursuing new business and growth opportunities? So are we! We'd love to hear from you!
- Provide financial impact analysis, model creation, and tracking in support of various MSE business initiatives.
- Partner with senior executives to build out new business plans, integrate market research into developing business forecasts, and apply a P&L leader’s perspective on how to operationalize new opportunities.
- Support various M&A opportunities across the lifecycle, including Target Screening, Due Diligence, Pre and Post-Close Integration efforts.
- Build management and pitch decks for supervisors to use in executive and client briefings.
- Manage and track MSE and League (NBA, NHL, WNBA, esports, venue, and media) valuation metrics.
- Track all major trends and business transactions impacting the Sports Industry.
- Organize new opportunity deal flow, including reading/reviewing pitch decks and assuring intake process is completed.
- Work with Marketing, Finance, Sales and Corporate Partnership groups to develop new business.
- Related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA or JD preferred.
- 7+ years experience working in investment banking, consulting, corporate development or related sports field.
- Demonstrated high proficiency using Microsoft Excel for financial modeling and Powerpoint for deck building.
- Knowledge of data collection and analysis techniques, with experience using resulting information to develop forecasting models and proposal analyses.
- Strong understanding of current sports media, esports, and sports valuation landscapes.
- Outstanding relationship building and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact comfortably and effectively with internal and external clients at all levels of an organization.
- Strong analytical thinking and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Highly self-motivated individual who thoroughly complete tasks in a timely and organized manner.
- Resourceful and able to lead assignments with little instruction or guidance needed.
All applicants for employment at Monumental Sports are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Monumental Sports will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief, disability or pregnancy on an individualized basis in accordance with applicable laws.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.