Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in DC. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Vice President, Venues Marketing is responsible for overseeing the integrated marketing efforts for venues owned, operated, and supported by Monumental Sports & Entertainment – Capital One Arena, Eagle Bank Arena, District E Powered by Ticketmaster and the Caesars Sports Book.
Do you have marketing or communications experience and a passion for the sports and entertainment industry? We'd love to hear from you!
- Develop and cultivate positive relationships with promoters, media, industry influencers, key community leaders, sponsors, and strategic partners to ensure the most effective messaging and positioning of all our facilities and events.
- Manage and coordinate all marketing, advertising and promotional activities including development of marketing plans.
- Lead development of arena marketing plans that focus on brand consistency and non-ticket revenue marketing support (F/B, Hospitality, etc.)
- Monitor digital advertising plans to optimize campaigns for best performance to drive ticket sales.
- Lead the team responsible for the entire digital ad trafficking process, including creating tags, sending to partners, & updating creative on the back end when required.
- Measure, report, and achieve performance against agreed upon service levels and return on investments. Manage Google Analytics accounts and track trends/traffic analysis.
- Coordinate with the MSE Corporate Communications team to supervise publicity, advance press interviews, secure and coordinate artist/talent availability for promotions with management, labels, and public relations agencies; also manage the social media function, define direction around balance between event support and specific MSE brands.
- Oversee onsite coverage for day of show marketing needs supporting radio partners, meet and greets, press photographers.
- Use sponsorship opportunities to increase brand awareness, event ticket sales and commonalities.
- Account for booking and all advertising and media ensuring funds are allocated to correct partners. Oversee advertising settlements for events and campaigns.
- Review relevant demographic data to drive the most profitable ticket sales, partnership activations and successful marketing campaigns.
- Build and maintain relationships with local businesses for promotional opportunities.
- Collaborate with agencies and vendor partners like Ticketmaster on marketing opportunities for shows, emails, banners, and promotions.
- Ensure creative assets are delivered to media, sponsors and internal departments for future event support, event calendar, food & beverage, health, and safety support as needed.
- Professionally represent the venues during games, appearances, community events, etc. to nurture existing partner relationships as well as build new partnerships.
- B.A. in Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in brand marketing, experiential marketing, communications or related fields.
- Ideal candidate has background in media planning for ticket sales/live events.
- Knowledge of and interest in live music, sports betting & esports, specifically NBA2K, preferred.
- Organized with the ability to multi-task and problem solve in a fast-paced work environment.
- Familiarity with data capture, digital, creative development, advertising, and events.
- Creative, hardworking, detail oriented and results driven.
- Strong project management and communication skills are vital.
- High level of focus on critical metrics-- understanding the goals, tracking, and hitting of critical metrics.
All applicants for employment at Monumental Sports are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Monumental Sports will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief, disability or pregnancy on an individualized basis in accordance with applicable laws.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.