Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and 2020 NBA 2K League’s Champion Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena (COA) in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE recently opened the first ever in-arena sports book with William Hill at COA and also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Vice President, People & Culture will manage and support the human resources function, from growing employee engagement and enriching employee experience to serving as strategic advisor and resource to Monumental Sports & Entertainment’s people leaders.
Are you a hardworking people leader and human resources professional who is passionate about streamlining processes and elevating the employee experience? If so, we would love to hear from you!
- Support all aspects of HR people operations, including employee relations, learning and development, talent acquisition, compensation and rewards, and employee experience.
- Partner with Chief People Office to implement a strategic human resources plan and support people leaders to integrate into overall business plan.
- Provide HR leadership and mentorship in context of business initiatives, people-first practices and applicable legal and compliance requirements.
- Ensure effective implementation of annual performance management and compensation processes, including annual bonus programs.
- Build plans from a human capital perspective to support future growth and continuous learning.
- Design and implement attractive and cost-effective company benefit and compensation programs.
- Elevate MSE’s employer brand. Instill and support a culture of openness, integrity, curiosity, transparency and pride that is welcoming to all and allow employees to bring their whole self into work.
- Evaluate and improve upon all HR processes and metrics, with a consistent focus to streamline and automate existing processes.
- Enhance MSE’s people systems and metrics to enable professional growth and fulfillment for all employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 10+ years of progressive human resources experience.
- SHRM-CP and PHR, preferred.
- Familiarity with employment related legal, regulatory and compliance parameters.
- Experience with ADP, DocuSign and Culture Amp, is helpful.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with quick deadlines and multiple demands.
- Must be able to work with confidential information and exercise good judgment.
- Highly organized, detail driven with ability to prioritize workload.
- Strong project management experience and capabilities.
- Ability to apply policies and procedures to practical situations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.