Madison Square Garden Careers
Engineer in Charge - Westchester Knicks (PART TIME) with Madison Square Garden in
Madison Square Garden jobs
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Game Day/Event Staff
The Engineer In Charge is responsible for the daily administration of all in-arena production elements and supports all in-arena needs for the Westchester Knicks. The role is responsible for supervising the production staff as well as the set-up and breakdown of the Westchester Knicks control room, including all equipment maintenance including the reporting of all equipment issues. The Engineer In Charge reports to the Manager, Event Presentation. Please note this is a part time seasonal/event driven role.
Specific Functions/Activities Summary:
- Manage the set up and operation of Westchester Knicks control room, LED Boards, Digital Signage, and Event Presentation during events.
- Coordinate production, facilities, staffing, graphics needs and requirements with manager, event presentation
- Monitor and report on control room operations, technical staff and equipment condition.
- Coordinate and manage tech staff. A minimum of five to eight production personnel are required for each home game.
- Work collaboratively with the Manager, Event Presentation to ensure that scheduled maintenance is performed, and equipment failures are corrected
- Candidates who have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred. Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.
- 3-5 years previous television production experience with studio, live and remote television production background preferred.
- Experience supervising and instructing video editors in a post-production setting is preferred.
- Proficient with Windows, PC, Mac workstations, and Daktronics.
- Demonstrated experience with Adobe, Creative Cloud Suite (including but not limited to Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe illustrator) for video, as well as motion and still graphics production, and TV Production equipment (Audio mixing, video switching video routing, data processing and routing, modulation and distribution systems, and transport systems).
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize in a deadline-oriented environment
- Demonstrates integrity, tact, diplomacy and a commitment to company values, and principles while using strong interpersonal skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?