Zero Gravity Basketball is the largest basketball tournament operator on the East Coast, based in Beverly, MA. This organization manages youth basketball events throughout New England. Throughout the Spring season we are looking to employ part-time staff in various capacities including tickets, site directors, and scorekeeping.
- Pays $11/hour
- Meal included for each day
- Ticket Admissions, Scorekeepers, and Site Directors Needed
- Able to work Friday (evening)–Sunday (early mornings Sat-Sun)
- Prior experience preferred (scorekeeping, site director)
- Knowledge of the game required (scorekeeping, site director)
- Customer service oriented
- Comfortable but presentable clothing (no baggy sweats, no ripped clothes, etc.) T-shirt will be supplied
- Must be able to provide a reliable source of transportation to and from tournaments.
Qualifications and Skills
-Fully responsible for managing tournament venue, including the oversight of part-time event staff such as admissions representatives and scorekeepers.
-Keeping games on schedule and handling on-site questions & issues.
-Posting engaging material on social media
-Pre-event setup as well as post-event breakdown, posting game scores in real time, and an immense understanding of playoff scenarios within divisions and pools.
-Knowledge of the game of basketball is preferred
-Must be able to pay attention for long periods of time, you will be working a score clock for the entire day
- As a Ticket/Admissions seller:
-Must be strong willed (there will be people that try to sneak in)
-Basic counting skills are need for giving change and adding prices
-Must be friendly
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.