The Teaching & Coaching Content Specialist will serve as a member of the Marketing and Communications team. Engages internal and external stakeholder groups by utilizing PGA Members’ unique leadership roles in Teaching, Coaching, and Instruction to reach students of all ages, backgrounds and skill levels. Provides support for the organization by developing and implementing teaching and coaching content across all of the PGA of America’s digital, print and social platforms.
RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
- Work closely with the Coaching and Player Development department to develop content in support of the overall strategy and messaging. Responsible for creating and/or acquiring content to promote our PGA Professionals in the field for PGA of America-operated channels, including PGA.com, PGA.org, the weekly PGA Member newsletter, social channels and PGA Magazine.
- Create coaching content categories that are designed for every consumer demographic including new golfer/avid golfer, all youth age groups, millennials, older adult segments, public, private and goal type. These content categories will help to better explain how to be a complete coach.
- Identify ways to build a consistent and healthy dialogue with PGA coaches and engage with LPGA coaches to utilize the content they have created.
- Assist in shaping marketing and product experiences by creating a clear, meaningful strategy with the overall goal of creating awareness and driving engagement with the PGA of America, PGA Professionals and the game of golf.
- Design and execute content strategies across all mediums, including, but not limited to, text, video, imagery, link strategies, hashtags, and influencer partnerships.
- Monitor trends in coaching and teaching, digital tools, applications, design, and strategy.
- Leverage the created content to drive business results that support our Membership, grow the game, and increase the value of the PGA Coaches and spectator events (increasing awareness of the PGA and its programs, increasing the value of social communities, increasing Member, golfer, fan, and media/influencer engagement, increasing ticket sales, etc.).
- Work cross-functionally with Core Business Product teams, onsite Championship teams and vendors and digital, media and business partners.
- Maintain a close relationship with team members across various departments including, but not limited to, Player Development, Education, Career Services, and Technology.
No supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A) in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related major.
- Two years' related experience working with public relations, digital, and/or social media. Sports and/or entertainment experience preferred but not mandatory.
- PGA Professional or an individual seeking a path to PGA Membership preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Job Knowledge/Technology: Must have knowledge of digital content development processes and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Knowledge of the golf industry. Expert knowledge of the PGA Professional’s role in growing the game. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, video and photo editing software and MS Office Suite.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Ability to travel required, including overnight travel.
To apply for this position, please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com with the subject line Teaching & Coaching Content Specialist.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.