Analyzes and maintains a complete and accurate general ledger; prepares managerial and financial reports for Section offices. Responsibilities also include reviewing account classification on expenditures, account analysis and reconciliation, budget variance analysis and month-end reporting.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Specific areas of responsibility include but are not limited to):
- Prepare Financial Statements.
- Review Financial Statements with Section Executive Director.
- Work with accounts payable and accounts receivable to ensure processing is timely and accurate.
- Prepare bank and general ledger reconciliations.
- Perform month-end closings.
- Track fixed assets and prepare depreciation schedules.
- Train the Section’s staff on accounting policies and procedures.
- Work with Sections in the development of budgets.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree: (B.A.) in Accounting.
- Two years of experience in Accounting, with GL experience required.
- Oracle Financials experience strongly preferred. Certified Public Accountant preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Must have knowledge of accounting processes and procedures (GAAP) and process flows, along with month end close procedures.
- Must have knowledge of Financial Information Systems.
- Must have the ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedural manuals.
- Must have knowledge of calculating figures and amounts.
- A demonstrated understanding of MS office with an emphasis in Word, Excel and database tools.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Some travel required.
The PGA of America is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. DFWP.