Oversees the PGA REACH military program, PGA HOPE. PGA HOPE is an 8 week, structured, adaptive golf program that allows Veterans to participate in a game that enhances their mental, social, physical and emotional well‐being. PGA HOPE has a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the DVA, which enables Recreational Therapists to refer Veterans to the PGA HOPE program as an extension of therapy. PGA HOPE is open to all Veterans, with an emphasis on serving those with physical and emotional disabilities.
RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
- Manage all PGA HOPE policies and guidelines.
- Manage all PGA HOPE participating PGA Sections and PGA Members including communications, financial management and all other program planning, execution, and reporting requirements.
- Responsible for communicating opportunity and encouraging participation from all PGA Sections and PGA Members in order to grow the PGA HOPE program and support the overall mission of PGA HOPE.
- Serve as primary liaison with all PGA HQ staff related to the successful development, implementation, and ongoing operations of the PGA HOPE program.
- Manage all PGA HOPE external stakeholder relationships including the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA), Folds of Honor Foundation, corporate and individual donors and PGA REACH Trustees.
- Track data in order to create reports and other documentation necessary to successfully maintain all stakeholder relationships.
- Manage contracted service and support personnel for PGA HOPE including but not limited to PGA HOPE Military and Veteran Liaison, PGA HOPE National Trainer, and the PGA HOPE Deployment Team.
- Create, manage and maintain all PGA HOPE communication tools such as program information pieces, website updates, press releases, program participant brochures, and overall program calendar.
- Serve as an external spokesperson for PGA HOPE and be available for media and other public speaking events.
- Research possible new Military initiatives to add to PGA REACH department programming.
- Provide support for the overall PGA REACH department including but not limited to assistance with Fundraising events, donor recruitment, grant writing, trustee meeting attendance, and participation, etc.
- Manage all future program expansion of PGA HOPE.
No supervisory responsibilities.
Program budget management including budget creation, tracking, and input into the budget system.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A) in Business Administration, Nonprofit Management or related field.
- Five years' related experience preferred in a business environment or golf industry, preferably in not-for-profit, with PGA Section experience preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Job Knowledge/Technology: Knowledge of PGA of America and PGA Section structure or golf industry. Knowledge of community organization, grant administration, and program management. Knowledge of how to cultivate and maintain business relationships. Ability to develop effective marketing and communications plans. Knowledge of Social Media. Knowledge of creating and understanding basic P & L statements. Knowledge of MS Office Suite (or other technology).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Ability to travel.
To apply for this position, please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line PGA HOPE Program Specialist.
The PGA of America is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. DFWP.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.