ENTERTAINMENT DIRECTOR, Norfolk Festevents, Norfolk, VA –
Virginia’s largest nonprofit outdoor event planning and production company, based in Norfolk, Virginia, is seeking an experienced contract negotiator, results oriented, data-driven, highly motivated, professional to fill the opening for full time, Entertainment Director.
OPEN POSITION: Entertainment Director – Full Time Position
TYPE: Salaried with Benefits REPORTS TO: CEO and President
Qualifications: Minimum 5 years recent professional entertainment and special events experience, preferably with 5 – 10 years of entertainment and programming experience and college degree.
Characteristics and Required Skills:The Entertainment Director is responsible for leading the Programming Department with the Co-Entertainment Director to achieve the company’s goals under the direction of the CEO, President and Board of Director’s. The position works directly with all organizational departments and outside groups to construct the overall programming and creative direction for each festival/event per calendar year, to include all programming elements, entertainment, children’s activities, themes and creative planning within the goals and mission of Norfolk Festevents.
Additional Qualifications and Job Duties:
· Planning, executing, evaluating, managing & producing all programming and entertainment aspects for each event in Town Point Park, TowneBank Fountain Park, Ocean View Beach Park and other locations as assigned.
· Booking musical talent for events/festival
· Managing multiple stages per festival & assigning staff and stage managers
· Negotiate contracts/fee structures with talent
· Process contracts and addendums for entertainers
· Set up and break down sound equipment as needed
· Liaison for local organizations and outside groups
· Responsible for all royalties to BMI, SESAC, ASCAP, etc.
· Manage specialty programming, children’s entertainment & other programming
· Work closely with crafters, costumers, educational partnerships, service organizations, theater groups, arts groups, cultural groups, community groups and local businesses to create and coordinate festival experiences on site
· Develop theme and decoration plan for each festival/event
· Responsible for management of departmental event budgets and maintaining budget records for programming department.
· Managing the work of the Programming Department staff including TowneBank Fountain Park, Park Managers and interns/part time staff for the Programming Department.
Requirements for Employment: Candidates must have clear criminal and driving records and comply with a criminal record and DMV record check, must have valid driver’s license, possess the physical ability to work in an outdoor setting in all types of weather conditions, and possess the physical capacity and stamina to perform duties associated with the position (up to 18 hour work days on event dates, carry weights up to 50 lbs, lifting, walking, climbing steps and scaffold towers), flexible schedule to accommodate work related activities on weekdays, weeknights, weekends and some holidays.
Applications will be accepted via EMAIL ONLY. Candidates should submit cover letter, resume, 3 current professional references and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
, subject “Entertainment Director Application”. No phone calls, please.