Title: National Director of Private Events
Company: N3rd Street Gamers
Location: N3rd Street Gamers HQ - Philadelphia, PA
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Status: Full-Time; Salaried; Exempt
EEO: Mid-level management
N3rd Street Gamers provides opportunity for gamers to gain experience in competitive esports competitions, and they also are home to a community of like minded amateur competitors. The National Director of Private Events will report directly to the COO and oversee all private events for the company. The National Director of Private Events is responsible for the selling, planning and coordinating of all aspects of private event and meeting functions held at NSG locations. The NDPE fosters relationships with individuals and corporations who book events so as to maintain a catalogue of repeat business while prospecting for new events. Additionally, this role will promote NSG locally via trade shows and other public events.
Essential Job Functions:
- Generating a definitive sales and marketing plan to achieve private events revenue goals given rapid growth on a national scale.
- Responsible for selling all private functions, including meeting with the clients to determine needs, meeting those needs and exceeding their expectations.
- Networking inside and outside NSG to obtain leads and build relationships with new and existing clients (both corporate and individual)..
- Provided accurate forecasting of private event sales to properly execute NSG’s business plan.
- Ensure all services administered to clients and their guests are consistent with expected level of high customer service.
- Work closely with the Marketing, Event Management and Business Development teams.
- Participate in New Customer Connect and Retention Strategy programs.
- Integrate strategy and execution of events for all NSG brands: N3rd Street Gamers, Localhost, NSGTV, Lobby, and National Championship Series.
- Frequently travel to execute events as needed.
Non Essential Job Functions:
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Marketing or Event Management and 7-10 years of progressive event management and business development experience
- Extensive marketing experience in positions of increasing responsibility- with a focus on marketing expansion- as well as three to five years of experience in a leadership role.
- Subject matter expert in all relevant areas up to and including: brand strategy, social media, activation, event management, etc.
- Esports, live event, and/or pro sports marketing
Skills and Abilities:
- Superb analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Passionate customer advocacy
- Thorough knowledge of marketing principles, brand, product and service management
- Deep understanding of changing market dynamics
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to travel as needed.
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership roles; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
- While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such as telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information.
- The duties of this position are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-even times.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.