Monday, June 11th – Wednesday, June 20th, 2018
10 Days/9 Night Work Abroad Experience
Application Deadline: March 30, 2017– Apply early as space is limited
Do you want to work in sports? Would you like to travel abroad? How about working an international sporting event? If you answered yes to those questions, Living Sport’s International Sport Business Program may be for you!
Living Sport's International Sport Business (ISB) Program was created to give passionate sport professionals, recent graduates, and current students an edge over the thousands of job seekers looking to score a gig in sports. Stemming from the popularity of edutainment experiences, Living Sport gives young adults the chance to receive international work experience and explore other countries through sport.
The ISB Program is led by industry professionals who have immense experience in the sport industry and mentoring young professionals. Program participants will interact with sports business professionals creating a lasting network that extends far beyond the program.
SHORT-TERM PROGRAM WITH BIG RESULTS:
Our program extends 10 days/9 nights and includes a full itinerary to make the most of your time traveling abroad. Our short-term program was designed this way for a purpose. We believe it gives us enough time to accomplish what we set out to do, and creates a cost-effective program allowing all deserving participants to get involved.
PLACEMENT ON THE STAFF OF AN INTERNATIONAL SPORTing EVENT:
Secure a spot on the staff of the Royal Windsor Triathlon, An event running in its 27-year that is known to be the UK’s best Olympic-style triathlon event. Working on the royal ground of the Windsor Castle, three full days will be reserved to receive real, professional experience as our group will be responsible for key elements in execution of this international event; a true resume booster and a large talking point in future interviews that can help you get your next big gig. Our group will be responsible for assembly of the race circuit, executing signage obligations for sponsors, overall event layout, and other event duties that may arise. On race day job roles may include registration assistant, athlete assistant, course marshalling, and other race logistics.
EXPLORE LOCAL SPORTS TEAMS & ATTRACTIONS:
Our program includes studying and touring the local area sports teams and stadiums in each city visited. Special accommodations will be developed specifically for our group giving us an incredible learning experience at each sport destination visited.
Included in London Itinerary:
- Tour of Emirates Stadium, home to Arsenal FC (soccer team)
- Visit the site of the 2012 London Olympic Games touring specific athletic facilities
- Tour of Wembley Stadium
GUIDED TOURS & ATTRACTIONS:
Experiencing the culture of each city we visit is a very important part of personal growth and of our program. Local group excursions will be included in the overall itinerary. You will experience tours of local landmarks, taste test local cuisine, and take in much of what each city is known for.
Included in London Tour Itinerary:
- Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, London Eye, and more!
SKILLS WORKSHOPS LED BY INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS:
All Living Sport trips will be led by sport industry professionals. This allows us to conduct a Skills Workshop session led by executives that have years of experience and are willing to pass their knowledge along to you. During the Skills Workshop, we will direct you on how to best list this experience on your resume, tips for an effective interview, best practices for a career in sports, etc. Having direct access to professionals gives you the chance to ask questions and develop a relationship with them all week-long.
SPORT INDUSTRY NETWORKING:
Networking is a key aspect of any business, but it especially stands true for the sport industry. During this program you will meet industry professionals as well as fellow participants that are the future of sport business. This is a true networking opportunity for you and a way to form important business relationships. A goal of the program, just like a sports team, is to create a comradery between participants and mentors, thus building lasting relationships far beyond this week-long adventure.
WHATS INCLUDED in London:
- All lodging accommodations
- Private coach bus services to and from airport
- Breakfast every morning, lunches will be provided during race event work days, and opening session dinner and one other dinner included
- One full-day tour of top London attractions with tour guide on private coach bus
- Sport-related tours & activities
- Placement on the staff of the Royal Windsor Triathlon
- Round-trip private bus shuttle to and from the Royal Windsor Triathlon
- Three career building workshop sessions with industry professionals
- Personal travel insurance policy
- Complete itinerary is shared once accepted into the program
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Flight Costs - Flight costs will be quoted separately or can be booked on your own
- You must connect with our flight out of JFK Airport in New York City
- Meals not listed above
- Extra activities not listed in the “Included” section and any activity during own leisure time
Think of this program as a sport business school, international travel experience, and a global work opportunity with networking all rolled into one. Think of it as an investment in your future career and life. Space is limited. Apply early to secure your spot.
Program Cost: $2,599 plus flight costs
This includes everything listed above under the “what is included in London” section. Hotel, tour admissions, bus transportation, many meals, travel insurance, and business workshops are all included in this cost!
SAMPLE PAYMENT SCHEDULE:
- A deposit of $500 is needed to reserve your spot once you are accepted into the program
- A payment plan will be setup for the remainder of the cost
- Cost must be paid in full by June 1st
We wouldn't want the cost of this experience to defer anyone from participating. The cost associated with the International Sport Business Program can be funded in numerous ways. A Living Sport representative will review some of the most successful fundraising ideas other have used. Scholarship are also available to apply for.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR ROYAL WINDSOR TRIATHLON:
· Outstanding personality and work ethic
· Must possess team player mentality, and must work well in groups
· Must be willing to work extended hours (outdoors) during the 3-day race event
· Must be able to lift (30 to 50 lbs.) during event setup and event breakdown
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Must be 18 years of age or older
· Must possess a college degree or be a current student working toward a degree
· Past experience working events in preferred
· A passion to work large sporting events
· Ability to work independent in a fast-paced environment
For additional Information visit our website at www.livingthroughsport.com