Intern Job Description, Hurricane Junior Golf Tour/Summer 2018 Opportunities
Location: HJGT 16349 Phil Ritson Way, Winer Garden, Fla, 34787
Department: Marketing and Sales
Job Title: Intern/ State Representative. Sales & Marketing- Unpaid must receive at least one credit for the onsite experience through being enrolled in a class with a two or four-year school.
This Position Reports to: Marketing Manager and has a dotted line to the Director of Marketing
Geographic area: Will be assigned to a designated market area within the US.
Brief Description of Job Purpose: To increase awareness and participation in all events within a designated market area. Drive new business to the tour through the tours referral outreach program. Building relationships through a personalized execution effort.
Qualifications, Experience, Competencies:
· Pursuing degree in Business/Sports Management/Marketing
· Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook Proficient
· Strong work ethic
· Willingness to make an average of up to 50 phone calls daily.
· Needs to be organized and keep track of results through our CRM
· Knowledge of various marketing and sales techniques
· Ability to be trained to execute a Sales plan in a team environment
· “Outside the box” thinker
· Excellent communication skill both verbal and written
· Results Oriented individual that thrives on meeting goals and ROI
- Must possess a relentless attitude towards making sales calls minimum of 50 per day
Key Responsibilities and Overview
We are hiring two individuals this summer to join our marketing department. We are looking for individuals that want to build their careers in the sports industry through the sales side of the business. This new team will be supervised by one of our Marketing Managers. This new team will focus on supporting the marketing mix and their focus will be to conduct outreach through phone calls, personalized emails, and texts. Relationship selling is what this team will execute, this effort will be supported by support material and will be tracked by each individual along with his or her direct supervisor. Additional responsivities may include onsite visits to golf courses to build relationships and referrals through these face to face meetings outside the office. This effort is not considered cold calling but will prepare you for this selling tactic if you were to consider this in your future career endeavors.
*All out of pocket expense will be covered in the event you have to travel. You must provide your own transportation to and from the internship. You will be based out of our HJGT headquarters at Orange County
National Golf course complex at 16349 Phil Ritson Way, Winter Garden Florida, 34787 www.hjgt.org
* Housing will be proved at no cost to our interns, you can learn more about our housing during our interview process. Apply by submitting your cover letter and resume to Internships@hjgt.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.