Hurricane Junior Golf Tour
Title: Sales,Marketing, and Admin Intern
Semester: Fall 2018 (Late August - December)
Application Deadline: July 1, 2018
The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) was founded in 2007 with the intention of providing junior golfers between the ages of 8-18 an opportunity to play exceptional courses in a competitive environment. The tour’s vision is to provide superb hospitality and make every event a memorable one. With play open to both males and females, nearly every junior golfer is eligible to participate on the Hurricane Junior Golf Tour. Currently the HJGT is the largest junior golf tour in the United States hosting more 2-day nationally ranked events than any other tour.
In 2017, the Hurricane Junior Golf Tour announced a partnership with Nexus, an international hospitality and entertainment company backed by financier Joe Lewis and Tavistock Group, golfing great Tiger Woods and musician and entertainer Justin Timberlake, which will further our collective goal of growing the game of golf, broadening the Tour’s reach across the U.S. and around the world.
Interns will increase their marketing skills by being actively involved with all aspects of marketing, promotion, and administrative work for the HJGT, the HCAT (Collegiate Tour) under the direct supervision and mentorship of 3-4 full time HJGT staff members. The internship will be based in Orlando, Florida and will require minimal travel. Our headquarters is located at Orange County National Golf Course in Winter Garden, FL. Normal marketing hours are Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. Interns will receive 2 days of free time per week. No other internship will better prepare you for a career in marketing with the hands on training that you will receive. The following information will help you gain an understanding of the HJGT internship.
- Pre- and Post-Press Releases
- Constant Website Updates
- Sales and Marketing of Tour and Upcoming Tournaments
- Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, You Tube)
- Online retail sales, marketing, and customer service
- Hotel relations
- Tour Promotions
- Create weekly tournament videos for YouTube upload
- Sponsorship strategies
- Partnership contributions
- Contract negotiation
- Sales and Marketing experience (preferred)
- Interest for the sport of golf (preferred)
- Great organizational skills
- Ability to handle an aggressive environment and work schedule
- Working towards bachelor degree or masters
- Willingness to work 40 hours per week
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Self-motivated and hard-working
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Strong customer service skills
Why intern with the HJGT?
- College credit for getting hands on, Once in a lifetime educational experience
- Minimal Travel
- Access to 3 golf courses at Orange County NTL. Interns can play Crooked Cat and Panther Lake for $25 and the Tooth for $5.
- Daily lunch deals and specials at Orange County National
- Employee discounts on most major golf equipment and apparel (Generally 30-50% off retail)
- Hands on experience and to learn every aspect of tournament operations, retail marketing, and video productions.
- Resume building workshops
- Classroom sessions with HJGT employees to assist with career planning
- Recommendation letters from full time employees
- Networking events
Condos include :
- Washer and Dryer
- Appliances (stove and microwave)
- Internet and TV
Students will be able to use the HJGT internship for college credit. Your institution will decide the amount of credits. All interns must be enrolled in at least one credit
There are countless benefits to participating in the HJGT internship. Interns will meet and interact with many people and get to know the future stars of the PGA and LPGA tours. Interns will be around influential and successful sponsors, parents, and spectators. Interns will also work closely with golf professionals, directors of golf and course superintendents. In addition to the contacts made, the internship also serves as an opportunity to obtain full time employment with the HJGT or through its network. This internship is unlike many other programs because of the hands on experience you will receive. Interns will be given daily tasks that have a big impact on the organization. You will learn how to manage people, manage departments, and problem solve in a fast and fun environment.