Location: Winter Garden, FL
Hours: M-F (9am-5pm)
Reports to: Manager, Business Development
About the HJGT
The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) was founded in 2007 with the intention of providing junior golfers between the ages of 8-18 an opportunity to play exceptional courses in a competitive environment. The tour’s vision is to provide superb hospitality and make every event a memorable one. With play open to both males and females, nearly every junior golfer is eligible to participate on the HJGT. Currently the HJGT is the largest junior golf tour in the world hosting more 2-day nationally ranked events than any other tour.
In 2017, the Hurricane Junior Golf Tour announced a partnership with Nexus, an international hospitality and entertainment company backed by financier Joe Lewis and Tavistock Group, golfing great Tiger Woods and musician and entertainer Justin Timberlake, which will further our collective goal of growing the game of golf, broadening the Tour’s reach across the U.S. and around the world.
Research, create, and maintain key business relationships with top industry influencers across the country, including but not limited to Golf Courses, Academies, High School Coaches, Top Instructors, other Tours, PGA Sections, State Golf Associations, U.S. Kids.
- Pursuing a degree in Business/Sports Management/Marketing
- This is an unpaid internship, and you must receive at least one (1) credit for the onsite experience from an accredited College/University.
- Research, call, and e-mail on a daily basis to seek out important industry influencers contact info to help grow key business relationships in current and prospective markets
- Schedule and arrange phone appointments and/or in-person meetings for Manager of Business Development
- Inform and sell key organizations on the value of partnering or sponsoring with the HJGT
- Business/Marketing experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft office
- Goal oriented
- Result driven
Why intern with the HJGT?
- College credit for getting hands on, Once in a lifetime educational experience
- Minimal Travel
- Access to 3 golf courses at Orange County NTL. Interns can play Crooked Cat and Panther Lake for $25 and the Tooth for $5.
- Daily lunch deals and specials at Orange County National
- Employee discounts on most major golf equipment and apparel (Generally 30-50% off retail)
- Hands on experience and to learn every aspect of tournament operations, retail marketing, and video productions.
- Resume building workshops
- Classroom sessions with HJGT employees to assist with career planning
- Recommendation letters from full time employees
- Networking events
Condos include :
- Washer and Dryer
- Appliances (stove and microwave)
- Internet and TV
Students will be able to use the HJGT internship for college credit. Your institution will decide the amount of credits. All interns must be enrolled in at least one credit.
There are countless benefits to participating in the HJGT internship. Interns will meet and interact with many people and get to know the future stars of the PGA and LPGA tours. Interns will be around influential and successful sponsors, parents, and spectators. Interns will also work closely with golf professionals, directors of golf and course superintendents. In addition to the contacts made, the internship also serves as an opportunity to obtain full time employment with the HJGT or through its network. This internship is unlike many other programs because of the hands on experience you will receive. Interns will be given daily tasks that have a big impact on the organization. You will learn how to manage people, manage departments, and problem solve in a fast and fun environment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the associate may be required to work varying schedules including nights and weekend to reflect the business needs of the company.
Hurricane Junior Golf Tour is an equal opportunity employer and we will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or any other classification protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.