The mission of the Greater Cleveland Sports Commission is to measurably enhance the economy, image, and quality of life in the Greater Cleveland community by attracting and creating significant sporting events and activities.
As the Partnership Activation intern, you will:
· Research potential partnership prospects and update/maintain prospect list
· Assist with partnership activation
· Secure hospitality needs for specified GCSC events
· Prepare partnership recap summaries
- Assist with Greater Cleveland Sports Commission events, including the
- USA Wrestling UWW Cadet & University Nationals - May 31 - June 3rd
- USA Triathlon Age Group Nationals - August 10th - 12th
Other duties include:
- Assisting full-time staff with event planning and day to day operations
- Contacting area event representatives
- Researching and targeting perspective areas to host events
- Assisting full-time staff with on-site event management/operations
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Prior event activation experience
- Experience with conducting cold calls
- Knowledge in the design of event/partner recaps
- Must be enrolled in an accredited College/University (undergraduate or post-graduate program) or have recently completed (6-months).
Ways you will benefit:
· Opportunity to network with area professionals
· Actively take part in the planning and hosting of sporting events
· Gain experience in the fields of marketing, public relations, and event planning & management
· An extensive professional development program, learning aspects of professional communication, resume building, job search and networking with industry professionals.
· The Sports Commission offers on the job training in various aspects of the Sports & Entertainment industry.
Due to the nature of the organization, our projects and events are rarely the same; the internship experience depends entirely on the current happenings of the Sports Commission.
Work Hours- Intern work hours are determined based upon individual schedules and range from 20 - 40 hours per week. If the student is receiving college credit for the internship, the college or university will determine work hours for the student, up to 40 hours per week. The Sports Commission Staff is flexible in terms of exact work hours, however requires that a loose schedule be created in advance.
Compensation-The Greater Cleveland Sports Commission offers a stipend to interns (amount to be determined). Interns will be paid monthly and will not receive overtime pay.
Transportation and Parking-
Transportation and parking are not provided or reimbursable by the Sports Commission. Interns may use the RTA system (the central station is located in Tower City) or may drive and park for approximately $4 per day in some locations. RTA schedules and routes can be found at www.riderta.com
Supervision-The Events Manager serves as the active supervisor for the internship program. However, most day to day activities will be assigned and monitored by other staff members. Interns must be able to establish close working relationships with all staff members. A general respect both for and from the intern are expected and required.
The Partnerships intern will report directly to the Director of Corporate Partnerships.