Connecticut American Legion Baseball is accepting applications for credit only, sports information interns. Starting in May 2018 through August 2018. This internship is a live/work from home opportunity with a strong emphasis on online collaboration. You will be working under the direction of the Connecticut State American Legion Baseball web master and assigned to work in a particular area of the state where you live.
- Candidates must live in Connecticut
- Preferences given to students in a Sports Information curriculum
- Applicants should be able to dedicate 10-15 hours per week to the internship
- Knowledge of baseball is essential with an emphasis on web development/maintenance, scorekeeping, game reporting and data analysis
The successful candidate should be dependable, able to handle multiple tasks, and work from home in an online collaborative environment (Skype).
Key Internship Benefits
- Based in Connecticut, you will be able to live at home
- Your work will be highly visible and show your creative talents
- Your work in part, will mimic that of an online sports reporter
- Mostly evening based, you will be able to hold a job during the day
- Be able to put into practice skills/concepts from your Sports Information major
- You will gain online collaboration and meeting skills with other interns
- Your work will be seen online/real time by your academic advisor
- Pursuit of Sport Management, Marketing, or Communication degree preferred
- Assisting in the creation of Connecticut American Legion Baseball social media postings
- Self motivated and committed
- Able to work with others and take direction from multiple sources
- Be able to communicate and supply written copy to local media sources
- Capturing video/photos during events/games and editing for reporting purposes
- Compitence in Baseball scoring (Using the IScore platform)
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel (Google Sheets, and Docs)
- Strong working knowledge of social media (Facebook and Twitter)
- Ability to multi-task and handle a variety of projects.
- Basic knowledge of baseball required.
- Should be able to receive college credit
- Available to work a minimum of 15- 20 hours a week, including nights and weekends.
- Daily exception monitoring of Game score and pitching stats reporting
- Ability to update State, Zone, and/or Team web site(s)
- Preferred full-time access to an Apple Ipad
- Must have reliable transportation and live in Connecticut
- Must have a Skype ID and reliable connection
- Have your own smartphone
- Must have access to a home computer or laptop (preferred) with internet access