Please submit a resume and three baseball-related writing samples.
- Strong writing skills, deep knowledge of baseball.
- Ability to self-generate content. Willingness to source columns to differentiate material.
- Ability to write three to four columns per month.
- Pay will be alloted on a per article basis, with a discretionary bonus based on article quality. More information to be provided upon application/inquiry.
- Position includes writing features and content for the Collegiate Baseball Scouting Network website, cbscout.net.
- Interest in college baseball, or the will to develop and follow the sport at the collegiate level is required.
- Minor League Baseball will also present opportunities for columns.
- Experience with reporting, blogging, or publications is not required, but allows us to better gauge what you have to offer the site.
- Scouting and player development backgrounds, as well as a strong knowledge of analytics are both highly sought.
About Collegiate Baseball Scouting Network:
- We are a startup created by students and run by students. We seek to provide MLB teams, Independent Leagues, Player Representative Agencies, and Collegiate Summer Leagues with a 3rd party nationwide scouting network. Check us out at cbscout.net
- Strong communication skills, as interaction remotely through GroupMe, Google Drive, and mobile phone will be a vital part of the developmental process, regardless of position.