The California State Soccer Association - South (Cal South) is a 501(c) (3) California public benefit corporation and is the official youth and adult state soccer association of the United States Soccer Federation, the United States Youth Soccer, and the United States Adult Soccer Association. Cal South was incorporated in 1979 and represents over 300 Affiliate Member Leagues and Clubs comprising our membership of more than 204,000 registered players, coaches, referees and league administrators. The organization, with a service area that extends from San Luis Obispo to San Diego, provides rewarding recreational and competitive opportunities for players of all ages, genders and skill levels.
Cal South’s Mission is to advance and improve soccer. Our goal is to have one million players, coaches, referees and administrators and Associates by 2027. In fulfillment of our Mission, we will provide opportunities for growth, development, and advancement through innovative programming and leadership that embraces all skill levels and all formats of the game.
Cal South Values: Excellence | Passion | Integrity | Innovation | Development
- Coordinate with Cal South management to determine direction and scope of the Cal South Retail Marketing and Merchandising program, including year-round retail presence and an evolving brand enhancement strategy that markets the Cal South brand as a carefully cultivated, widely recognized, and authentic ideal.
- Direct planning for online store, in-store presence, and on-site sales at events.
- Manage relationship with Cal South retail partner, apparel and equipment suppliers including Nike.
- Establish budget and profitability objectives.
- Responsible for direction and coordination of merchandise activities online, in-store and at select events, including set-up, sales, tear-down, and personnel.
- Implement and manage Cal South policies and procedures associated with retail partner staff.
- Oversee capturing of all sales records (POS) on all products sold at events, in store and online.
- Analyze sales figures to identify areas of strength and improvement.
- Communicate pertinent information to Cal South management.
- Work with Recruiting to hire and manage extra staff to maximize sales and customer satisfaction.
- Manage orders and distribution of apparel and equipment for all Cal South programs and staff.
- Establish inventory control measures and perform physical inventory at conclusion of events.
- Ensure that all event retail equipment is maintained and cleaned prior to the start of events.
- Oversee proper use and display of all merchandise and promotional materials.
- Oversee all security measures during business hours.
- Oversee the packing of merchandise and displays for transportation.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 5+ years of related professional work experience.
- Candidates shall be pursuing or have recently completed a degree in a relevant field of expertise.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at a high level.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate and lead on-site at events.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of in-store plan-o-grams, inventory management systems, and sales management systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- A background in soccer and sports event management is preferred.
- Maintain highest level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Flexible work schedule travel required.
- Accounting experience is a plus.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.
- Desire to be part of a team.
- Display a tireless work ethic.
- Possess a growth mindset, is open minded and seeks challenges.
- Pursue lifelong development and learning.
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner.
- Accountable for actions/decisions and does not make excuses.
- Request feedback and is open to criticism.
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection.
- Believe and committed to organizational goals.
- Passion for soccer.
- Leadership focus on enabling and supporting others to get the most out of their strengths.
- Fosters connection across the organization with a positive focus.
- Operates from a place of integrity.
- Action-oriented with a constructive sense of urgency to get important work done.
- Fun with which to work.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees planning, assigning, and directing work appraising performance rewarding and disciplining employees addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Works in a variety of different elements including: office, warehouse, outdoor. Environment is not always climate controlled. Exposed to dust, odors, noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions while working lengthy hours in any given day, week or event.
- The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies.
Job Description may be changed at any time by Executive Management.
Note: Relocation cost not offered for this position.
WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING ANY CALLS AND/OR EMAILS DIRECTLY TO OUR STAFF REGARDING THIS POSITION. ONLY APPLICATIONS TO THIS ROLE WILL BE REVIEWED. THANK YOU.