Sports Performance Part-time Coach - Aviator Sports (New York Area)
Aviator Sports and Events Center located at Floyd Bennett Field in Brooklyn, New York is searching for a Sports Performance Part-time Coach (part-time) to provides training to student athletes and adult amateur athletes to improve their flexibility, speed, agility and strength through individual and group sessions, according to program guidelines, in a fun and safe environment. Coach will also run classes for hockey and girls’ volleyball programs.
Job Description of Duties:
Manage the strength conditioning and sports performance enhancement program.
- Conduct on-site assessments of client’s health utilizing proprietary evaluative protocols.
- Develop performance enhancement programs.
- Maintains control and discipline of training classes at all times.
- Provide speed, agility and strength training programs to student athletes.
- Engage in community outreach and sales activities to build a client base for Sports Performance.
- Provides instruction to training groups according to Performance guidelines.
- Responsible for scheduling of private/group training.
Qualification/Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Sports Science, Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Physical or related field with 3 – 5 years appropriate experience required. Current Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) through the National Strength and Conditioning Association or NASM, First Aid and CPR. Strong organization and time management skills.
Must be available to work a flexible part-time schedule for 20 – 30 hours per week including evenings/weekends and this position could lead to a full-time position.
Please forward all resume/cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
with Sports Performance in subject line or mail directly to Aviator Sports & Events Center, Cheri Peters, Human Resources Director, Hangar 5, Floyd Bennett Field, Brooklyn, New York 11234
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.