AviatorSports Golf Center located in Brooklyn, New York is currently searching for an experience Golf Professional/Associate for our new PGA Golf Center in Brooklyn, New York which includes 75 stalls (25 which are heated) a putting green, chipping area, practice bunker, miniature golf course and a large natural grass tee area.
- Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and oversee the operations of the golf center and golf course
- Develop and promote golf instructional programs to meet the demand and needs of the Brooklyn/Queens community and target school groups, juniors and adults
- Plan and implement an Aviator Youth Academy designed especially for junior golfers and welcoming girls and boys of all athletic abilities and experience
- Implement a Customer Awards program for the Aviator Golf Center
- Meet, greet, and welcome prospective customers/patrons/students
- Manager information requests regarding or pertaining to schedule of lessons and instructional golf with the Golf Instructor
- Work with Golf Instructor to design and implement a year-round golf instructor program
- Develop and oversee an innovative tournament schedule and golf activities program that services all customer segments
- Engage in community outreach and sales activities to build a client base for Golf development programs
- Provide professional club repair and club fitting services
- Assist with the development of a retail merchandise concession to include golf equipment, apparel and accessories
- Develop and maintain an accurate customer database to include names, address, important dates, spending and size preferences
Maintain PGA of America membership in good standing in an active classification and actively pursue PGA membership (if a PGA Apprentice) in a timely manner through the PGA Professional Golf Management (PGA PGM) program. Fundamental knowledge of the game of golf, rules of golf, golf course operations and tournament operations. Strong organizational and time management skills. Experienced computer user including; Microsoft Word and Excel. Proficient in other applications, i.e. email, internet, tournament and database. Maintain and promote a positive professional image within the community. Must be available to work a flexible schedule including evenings/weekends part-time which will develop into a full-time position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.