The Director of Marketing leads, develops and has overall responsibility for the organization’s marketing activities across our Rugby and Football teams. The Director will develop and manage implementation of a comprehensive marketing plan to support and drive achievement of business strategic, operational and financial goals. This person must work in a fast-paced collaborative environment with a high degree of ambiguity and will work closely with the executive team and board to build consensus on strategy and execution.
Areas of responsibility include website, social marketing, CRM/database marketing, sales campaigns, events & appearances, promotions, branding, public relations/marketing communications, research and creative services.
· Develop and manage annual marketing plan to support organizational priorities and success metrics, including revenue growth, customer acquisition and customer retention · Develop and manage acquisition/lead generation/sales development initiatives; create performance metrics and consistently evaluate effectiveness and efficiency of each · Showcase company brand, products and value proposition to help increase awareness, customer engagement and retention and YOY revenue growth · Attract, retain and develop talent; manage marketing team to high performance and increased capacity · Create and execute a comprehensive marketing strategy to engage prospects and convert them to customers · Innovate, implement tests, implement ongoing improvements, and invest in areas that drive scalable results · Own key business metrics, support in-depth business reviews and present to the executive team · Partner with Rugby & Football teams to drive requirements for new products, features or promotions. · Be responsible for product positioning/messaging, marketing mix, and budget. · Manage consultant and vendor relationships
The ideal candidate has worked in a dynamic, growth, startup environment and has helped successfully transform innovative digital product concepts into category leaders in large and small companies. He or she will know how to apply the methods of product marketing to ensure clarity of strategy, positioning and execution priorities for a strong launch in online and offline environments and will be comfortable thinking big and diving deep.
· 10+ years of experience leading a marketing team in product development, online marketing, marketing automation and PR
· Superior verbal and written communication skills
· Blend of creative, qualitative and quantitative measurement skills
· Strong analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· 3rd-party agency management experience
· Track record of performance excellence
· Ability to hire, develop, and manage high performers
· Bachelor’s degree
· Has relentlessly high standards
· Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
As a marketing generalist and facilitator, this person should be as comfortable with the marketing “science” as they are with the marketing “art”, and be sharp enough to know how to use one to inform the other.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.