The Event Marketing Manager will be responsible for managing the marketing, communications and sponsorship activation activities for the World Series of Youth Lacrosse. Responsibilities will include development of print and digital marketing collateral and maintaining the company’s communications platforms including the website and social media accounts. You with liaise with sponsors to assist with fulfillment and activation of event sponsorships. You will coordinate with the sales team on marketing campaigns and customer relations. You will maintain relationships with media outlets in order to disseminate press releases, advertisements, sponsored articles, etc. You will report directly to the senior management team of Aloha Tournaments.
A successful candidate must be able to work collaboratively with colleagues, while completing personal tasks properly and on time. She/he must be highly detail-oriented and possess excellent verbal and written communications. If you have comparable professional experience and are passionate about youth sports, we encourage you to apply. This position is a year-round, part-time position with flexible hours that is ideally suited for a busy parent with relevant prior work experience, but is unable to commit to a full-time work schedule.
About World Series of Youth Lacrosse:
The World Series of Youth Lacrosse was created in 2015 to provide the ultimate lacrosse experience for young athletes. The WSYL was founded by Jake Steinfeld, founder of Major League Lacrosse, along with his partners Ray Schulmeyer, Steve Bornstein, Dave Morrow, and Mac Freeman. Teams in the US advance to the WSYL Championship Series in Denver through a series of regional qualifiers throughout the country. These teams will be competing for the opportunity to earn a trip to Denver in July to play in the Championship Series against the top teams from the other regional qualifiers. The Finals will be played at Mile High Stadium and broadcast live on ESPN2 on July 4th. Major sponsors include The Coca Cola Company, Nissan, New Balance and MET-Rx. The World Series of Youth Lacrosse is headquartered in Timonium, MD.
- Work with company management to develop and implement an integrated branding, communication and marketing plan.
- Manage digital media platforms and social media accounts, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
- Maintain relationships with company sponsors and assist with all fulfillment and activation activities.
- Create content for internal and external communications and marketing materials.
- Create basic graphics for flyers and other marketing collateral; Work closely with freelance graphic designers and other professionals (photographers, videographers, web designers) to manage more elaborate print and digital artwork.
- Develop and maintain media and press relationships; prepare and disseminate press releases and other relevant information to news media.
- Maintain and update all content on the website and customer registration system.
- Perform various customer service and administrative duties such as answering incoming calls, responding to customer emails and assisting with team/player registrations.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of youth lacrosse tournaments and events.
- 4-8 years of experience in communications, branding, public relations or marketing role
- Bachelor’s Degree in English/Writing, Communications, Marketing or Business
- Strong IT skills; proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and social media platforms
- Experience using email marketing platforms like Constant Contact or Mail Chimp
- Experience working with website and database management systems a plus
- Ability to produce and manage media releases and other marketing communications
- Graphic design experience; proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator
- Familiarity with a CRM strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication, project management and organizational skills
- Passion for youth sports and event management
- Hours: will vary based on employee’s personal schedule and level of business-related activity, but will range from 15-20 hours per week. Set schedules will be determined on a rolling basis; ideally suited for a parent with children in school that does not have time to work 40 hours per week and in need of a flexible work schedule.
- Travel: You will be required to travel to Denver, CO annually between July 1-4 to assist with event operations and sponsorship activation.
- Compensation: $15 per hour, to be paid bi-weekly.