Under the direction of the Director of Finance, the Bookkeeper is responsible for maintaining the financial records of the 2018 USA Games accurately recording the day to day financial transactions of the company. Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable. Maintain strong internal financial controls. Serve as the primary point of contact for vendors in regard to accounts payable. Provide ongoing support and guidance for staff and Director of Finance.
Bachelor Degree in accounting, finance or business and a minimum of two years responsible accounting or bookkeeping experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger and financial reports. Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, best practices, and procedures as well as relevant legislation and regulatory requirements. Must be able to think strategically and multi-task in a fast-paced work environment. Excellent interpersonal, computer and communications skills required. Must have a calm and professional demeanor and the ability to work well with a diverse group of staff and vendors.
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Prepare checks, payments and bank deposits
- Generate timely financial reports
- Maintain internal control systems
- Reconcile and balance all accounts
- Allocate and post financial transactions
- Maintain complete filing system.
- Keep track of company assets.
- Keep accurate records and relevant documentation.
- Assists accountants on tax return preparation
- Calculate and prepare tax payments
- Generate 1099's and W-2's, as needed.
- May be required to be a Notary Public.
- Handle in-coming and out-going mail.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Reports to Director of Finance
Manages Vendor Relationships in regard to accounts payable
Additional Traits and Attributes
- Key competencies include problem analysis and solving, attention to detail, information collection and monitoring
- Must be able to keep financial matters strictly confidential
- Aptitude for taking on challenges with the ability to deal with conflict constructively
- Strong team player and collaborator
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must be able to multi-task and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Unflappable temperament with positive energy and sound judgment
Salary Beginning in June of 2017, this is an hourly, part-time temporary position.
Other Position to work out of Games Organizing Committee headquarters in Seattle, WA. Anticipated term of employment is through July 31, 2018.
About the 2018 Special Olympics USA Games
In communities around the world, Special Olympics sports training and competition transforms the lives of people with intellectual disabilities. Through millions of acts of inclusion where people with and without intellectual disabilities are brought together through Special Olympics programs, longstanding myths are dispelled, negative attitudes changed, and new opportunities to embrace and celebrate the giftedness of people with intellectual disabilities are created.
Special Olympics began in 1968 when Eunice Kennedy Shriver organized the first International Special Olympics Games in Chicago, Illinois. Run at the highest level of professionalism and integrity, Special Olympics USA Games - a national sporting event – showcases the skill and courage of Special Olympics athletes. The 2018 Special Olympics USA Games will use the power and joy of sports as the catalyst for driving social change, changing perceptions, and creating more inclusive communities throughout the Seattle area and the United States, by educating and empowering volunteers, sponsors, businesses, spectators and general public to become agents for change long after the USA Games have concluded.
The USA Games (June 30 – July 6, 2018) will bring 4,000 athletes and coaches to compete in sports at the University of Washington, King County Aquatics Center and surrounding venues, while experiencing Seattle’s beauty and world class attractions. 2018 also marks the 50th Anniversary of Special Olympics.
Special Olympics USA Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer