Founded in 2008 as a hospitality management company, Legends has transformed into a holistic experiential services agency with more than 1,200 full-time and 30,000 seasonal team members globally. Legends has three core divisions operating worldwide: Global Planning, Global Sales and Hospitality, offering clients and partners a 360-degree platform to elevate their brand and execute their vision. Currently, Legends works with marquee clients across business verticals including professional sports; collegiate; attractions; entertainment; and conventions and leisure. We are the industry leaders in designing, planning and realizing exceptional experiences in sports and entertainment.
San Diego State University, in collaboration with SDSU Athletics, has partnered with Legends and JMI Sports, who will manage the stadium project as part of the proposed campus expansion at SDSU Mission Valley.
Legends and JMI Sports will plan, strategize and execute ticketing, premium sales, naming rights and founding partnerships for the proposed stadium. As proposed, the 35,000 capacity multi-use stadium will serve primarily as the home of SDSU football and will also accommodate professional and collegiate soccer matches, concerts, other events, and can play host to a number of academic and integrated experiences.
The Vice President of Premium & General Ticketing will be responsible for creating and executing a strategic business plan to drive revenue for the SDSU Mission Valley stadium project. The successful candidate will also be responsible for building and leading a team to generate revenue in the areas of Luxury Suite Leases, Loge Boxes, Club Seats and General Season Tickets.
- Meet or exceed established yearly revenue and ticket goals set for (Luxury Suites, Loge Boxes, Club Seats and General Season Tickets).
- Prospect and cultivate new sales leads through creative lead generation methods, as well as follow up on leads provided by partner organization.
- Utilize data & analytics to drive strategic decision making throughout the sales process.
- Conduct sales conversations via phone presentations, in-office meetings/sales center presentations, and meetings at stadium.
- Entertain and nurture relationships with clients and prospects through creative means including but not limited to networking events, speaking engagements, one-on-one dinners/lunches, prospect sampling at games, seat visits at games, open houses at stadium, and outside meetings.
- Perform accurate and skilled deal closings.
- Provide high end service for our Premium Season Ticket Holders, including but not limited to renewals on an annual basis, collection of payments, receiving executed seat contracts, cross-selling as needed, etc.
- Submit timely reports to SDSU and Legends leadership, including weekly and monthly sales revenue reports.
- Enter all pertinent prospect and customer information in CRM platform for efficient reporting and historical data purposes.
- Recruit, train, hire and mentor Premium Sales and Account Executive team on presentations and strategy for new business acquisition.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of proven sales leadership experience.
- Preferable experience includes working with new and/or facility renovation projects within the Entertainment or Sports Industry.
- Renowned solution-selling pedigree.
- Expertise in identifying opportunities, developing strategies and negotiating creative solutions.
- Exemplary problem-solving, communication and presentation skills.
- Multi-task in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to work solo or within a team atmosphere.
- Ability to synergize the efforts of individuals and teams from multiple Legends business units to accomplish the goals of the company.
- Known throughout the industry for their poise and professionalism when interacting with internal and external contacts.
- Strong work ethic and a competitive drive to win
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead a sales team, including developing sales strategies, managing performance, incorporating ongoing education, and providing measurable results. Experience in day to day management, specific to growing and managing the Millennial professional/associate.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships at all levels within SDSU
- Ability to excel in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Ability to quickly earn and maintain trust
- Ability to develop strong peer level relationships and work in a team environment
- Expertise in identifying opportunities, developing strategies and negotiating creative solutions
- Multi-task in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to work solo or within a team atmosphere
- Able to simultaneously manage a high level of detail across multiple projects
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.