In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Legends is a holistic agency that specializes in delivering solutions for legendary brands. We approach each project with our 360-degree service solution. Our Global Planning, Global Sales, and Hospitality service solutions collaborate on every project to ensure success across each of our six verticals including professional sports, collegiate, attractions, entertainment, international, and conventions.
Our intellectual property is our people. It's our expertise that makes up Legends. We know what it's like to be on the team, business, or athletic department side, which drives our passion in creating solutions for our partners. Collectively, our leadership has over 300 years of experience in sales and sponsorship, analytics and valuation, hospitality and operations.
As part of the Venue Technology Team, this role is expected to be responsible for these major functions:
- Provide POS and infrastructure support leadership for the customer-facing technology at this venue.
- Provide technical support to the business team based out of this location.
In addition, as time permits, this role may be asked to provide complimentary support to large events at other venues within the region or at other office premises.
The person in this position is expected to have technical ownership over issues reported or identified by this individual. They will be supported and overseen by the Regional Venue Tech Manager.
Hands on familiarity with POS solutions, desktop computers, and other end user devices and systems is desired to be an effective member of this team. Legends strives to build resiliency into the solutions we deploy, however issues do arise. When an unplanned incident is encountered, the team members are expected to keep calm while assisting in both troubleshooting and communication. A great personality and customer focus is key. Being able to escalate when appropriate, pull in other technology team members and vendors, should be second nature. This support culture is conducted as part of the standard support protocol for the venue. Previous fast paced, demanding help desk experience is ideal experience for candidates in this role.
The goal of this team is to prepare well before the event, so they can spend time soaking up the atmosphere in the stadium during the event. While doing so they need to always be available to support our operations.
- Works as part of Event Technology Support Team
- Stays in radio and SMS contact with other team members and the Supervisor at regular intervals
- Provides support to a designated zone of the stadium. Is actively available to support Legends operations in this area with zone overlap as incidents dictate
- Assists in equipment setup/teardown as needed
- Maintains a high level of support and client satisfaction at all times
- Performs tier one support across the site; escalates when appropriate
- Makes it their business to understand and share known issues. Assesses the impact to operations at a venue and makes sure others understand the implications
- Pays special attention to time sensitive requests and makes smart decisions prioritizing to ensure minimal internal or external customer impact
- Validates reported issues are fully addressed; checks expected functionality has resumed
- Responsible for communicating, promoting and adhering to IT standards
- Effectively communicate to stakeholders as required, escalating to Supervisor when necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Keyboarding skills and computer proficiency with software knowledge to include MS Office.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills required
- Must be detail oriented, organized, service oriented, and responsible
- Strong customer service and presentation skills
- Able to motivate themselves and a team to work together in the most efficient manner
- Eagerness to work in a rapidly changing, diverse environment and a willingness to accept ownership and responsibility of the IT they manage to ensure its 24x7 availability
- Able to analyze user needs, problem-solving and reach acceptable solutions
- Able to perform effectively with supervision, either independently or as a team member
- Comprehensive knowledge of POS, printers, peripherals and desktops/laptops and PC applications
- Practical knowledge of Intranet and Internet Technologies, servers, networking, and telephony
- Good understanding of network troubleshooting including TCP/IP, VLAN’s, and wireless
- Experience working with managed service providers
- Able to maintain confidentiality of information and systems
- Knowledge of security, compliance requirements and practices
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk or a combination of the three for up to 10 to 15 hours a day
- Ability to lift up to 10-30 pounds, occasionally 50 pounds
- Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as we determine are necessary or desirable to meet Legends’ business needs
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associated Degree in a technology related field preferred
- CompTIA A+ or Network+ certification desired
- 2+ years of Service Desk support
- 2+ years of working with and supporting TCP/IP networks and performing wireless support
- 2+ years of hands-on experience using Windows 7 and 10 Professional operating systems
- 2+ years of Microsoft Office and/or other packaged applications required
- 2+ years of working with and supporting Samsung or Apple tablets
- 2+ years of working with and supporting audio/video equipment
- 2+ years of working with and supporting a POS system
- 2+ years of working and supporting antivirus and device imaging systems
- 2+ years of providing technology training and mentoring others
- 2+ years of supervisory experience required
- ITIL knowledge and certification desired
Constant walking, bending, stooping, lifting, and reaching. Must be able to lift/move 50 lbs.
Practice safe work habits, follow all safety policies and procedures and regulations, complete company-wide safety training and any additional job specific safety training.
DISCLAIMER: The above is intended to describe the general contents and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.