In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Founded in 2008, Legends’ operating divisions worldwide include – Global Partnerships, Global Sales, Hospitality, Global Partnerships, Global Merchandise, Global Technology Solutions, Attractions, Growth Enterprises – offering clients and partners a 360-degree data and analytics fueled service solution platform to elevate their brand and execute their vision. Currently, Legends works with marquee clients across business verticals including professional sports; collegiate; attractions; entertainment; and conventions and leisure. We are the industry leaders in designing, planning, and realizing exceptional experiences in sports and entertainment. For more information, visit www.Legends.net and follow us on Twitter and Instagram @TheLegendsWay.
We are currently seeking students from the University of Nebraska who have an interest in developing their communication skills, growing fundraising knowledge and expanding their network! The Student Engagement Specialist position offers flexible scheduling, a fun atmosphere, skill development and much more. Student Engagement Specialists are responsible for developing, managing and growing 1:1 relationships with alumni, friends and family of the university, with the goal of them becoming donors or continuing to give to University of Nebraska by providing excellent customer service. This is achieved by creating unique engagements with University of Nebraska alumni, friends and family via telephone and digital interactions. This position plays an essential role in implementing the engagement and fundraising efforts for the University of Nebraska Foundation.
- Understand and implement strategic engagement opportunities through proactive and reactive outreach via telephone calls and other digital interactions with alumni, family and friends to connect them back to the University of Nebraska.
- Secure gifts and provide related stewardship and relationship building in conjunction with the University of Nebraska Foundation.
- Work closely with the Director of the Engagement Center and student supervisors to execute strategy and provide comprehensive support for broad-based fundraising, including annual solicitations and special projects for all fundraising.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of the philanthropic priorities of the university to effectively present a case for support in order to secure donations.
- Take timely and strategic steps in developing connections and relationships with alumni, friends and affiliates of the university through telephone calls and other digital communication outlets as well as direct mail.
- Make effective use of the university's constituent database and other institutional resources to ensure appropriate management of donors, constituents, alumni and volunteers in coordination with university objectives.
- Based off various triggers in the constituent’s journey, the students will identify relevant content/conversations to have based off their actions in the automated journey
DEVELOPMENT & GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
- Opportunity for leadership roles as a Supervisor.
- Supervisors are responsible for leading the student team and assisting the Manager in implementing strategy, training new hires, managing shift games, activities, and statistics/performance (among other responsibilities).
- Professional Development Series:
- Virtual speaker series highlighting various University of Nebraska and Legends leaders, as well as various leaders in different professional industries.
- Build your professional network on the job
- Mentorship and training opportunities with Legends talent in relevant fields
- Alumni Education:
- Build a greater understanding of each college at the University
- Hear about Alumni career paths that were jumpstarted in the same position that the students are now in
- Improve your capabilities in both fundraising and communication competencies that drive the strategy of the Engagement Center and the mission of Legends to create solutions for partners
- Post-graduation full-time opportunities with Legends and the University of Nebraska Foundation.
- See sections below for more information on these opportunities.
- Collaborative, energetic, fun, competitive and career-focused environment.
Various in-shift games, activities and incentives.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to work a combination of evening and weekend shifts
- Demonstrated capacity to manage relationships with colleagues, constituents, alumni and current donors to deliver effective results, including the achievement of specific and measurable goals.
- Proven ability to exercise discretion at all times and able to keep confidential all data related to the University of Nebraska and its alumni.
- Ability to provide own transportation to: Wick Alumni Center
Currently enrolled at an accredited college or university – preferably the University of Nebraska.
Proven interpersonal, organizational and communication skills including written and verbal; proven ability to present ideas clearly and concisely.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and any related CRM experience.
Competitive hourly pay starting at $15 per hour plus additional monetary bonus and raise opportunities each semester. Referral Bonus available, dependent on the referred applicant successfully completing the interview and training process. Various daily, weekly, and monthly incentives and competitions with various prizes. Flexible work hours that are configured to work for current part-time or full-time students.
Location: On site
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear; use hands to finger, and handle controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, walk, and stoop. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.