Skyspace Pastry Cook
Legends - OUE Skyspace LA
Los Angeles, CA
Food and Beverage: Chef/Cook
Who We Are:
Built on a system of people, process and execution, The Legends Way has helped to define our culture company-wide. It’s woven through our DNA and helps us provide standard-setting results for our partners. We are passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. Team-oriented and fit within the Legends culture: We win and have fun doing it!
Position Available: Skyspace Pastry Cook – OUE Skyspace LA; Los Angeles, CA
About the Project:
OUE Americas has selected Legends to operate OUE Skyspace LA which is part of $60 million renovation to the US Bank Tower in the heart Downtown Los Angeles, California. From over 1,000 feet above the city, Skyspace LA is will be home to California’s tallest open-air observation decks and tallest event space West of Chicago, IL. Skyspace LA will honor the culture, community and people that make Los Angeles unlike any city in the world.
The Skyspace Pastry Cook is a dynamic, interactive role within the Skyspace Operations team with a specific focus on the kitchen. This position will play an integral role in providing Skyspace with the materials needed to be successful.
· Must maintain a friendly, positive attitude and professional demeanor at all times
· Directs, implements, and maintains a guest service and management philosophy that serves as a guide to respective team members.
· Meets with Executive Culinary Team to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes, and other information pertinent to job performance.
· Strong Baking and pastry skills
· Knowledge of bread baking and advanced baking and pastry techniques
· Provides efficient service and quality products by maintaining positive customer and client relations through effective communication and prudent financial practices.
· Ensures that all equipment is in proper operational condition and is cleaned on a regular basis
· Maintains and abides by County Health/Sanitation as well as Legends Hospitality standards
· Able to execute proper Food Safety and Sanitation procedures daily.
· Ensures that only the highest of quality product is served to our guests.
· Shows flexibility by rotating to other service locations when necessary.
· Performs other related duties, tasks, and responsibilities as assigned by management.
· The ideal candidate will have a pastry degree or have graduated from a certified apprenticeship program with a minimum of 2-3 years cooking in the contract foodservice industry, preferably in premium services, catering, and concessions environments for a sports and entertainment venue
· A valid food handler’s certificate
· Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to multi task and prioritize in a deadline oriented environment.
· Must be able to remain calm under stressful conditions
· Must be able to smile, maintain positive body language, and consistently provide positive guest service.
· Customer service oriented with the ability to interact with all levels of management.
· Strong commitment to delivering a high level of customer and client service
· Must be able to work in a team environment
· High level of organization and attention to detail
· Must be able to make generalizations, evaluations, and decisions without immediate supervision.
· Must be able to accept and carry out responsibility for directions
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
• High level of demonstrated professionalism and customer service.
• Multi-lingual or sign language capabilities a plus.
• Able to work non-traditional hours (nights, weekends & holidays as necessary)
DISCLAIMER: The above is intended to describe the general contents and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?