Senior Manager, Partnerships with Legends in Columbus · OH
Founded in 2008, Legends is a holistic experiential services agency with more than 1,500 full-time and 30,000 season team members globally. Legends has three core divisions operating worldwide: Global Planning, Global Sales and Hospitality, offering clients and partners a 360-degree platform to elevate their brand and execute their vision. Currently, Legends works with marque clients across business verticals including professional sports; collegiate; attractions; entertainment; and conventions and leisure. We are the industry leaders in designing, planning and realizing exceptional experiences in sports and entertainment. A few of our esteemed partners include:
New York Yankees, Dallas Cowboys, San Francisco 49ers, Atlanta Falcons, Los Angeles Rams, Los Angeles Chargers, Las Vegas Raiders, Manchester City Football Club
Notre Dame, Southern California, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Villanova, Louisville, Utah, Missouri, Rose Bowl Stadium
The Columbus Crew SC Stadium is expected to be completed in 2021 and will be located in the Downtown Arena District. The new venue will include 20,000 seats, team store, and outdoor public plaza space for social gathering. The old stadium site will be redeveloped as a community sports park and new state-of-the-art training facility for the team. Legends Global Planning will oversee design and construction of the stadium and the team training facility. Legends Global Sales will manage all commercial rights including sales, marketing and sponsorship assets for the training facility and the stadium.
The Senior Manager, Partnerships will conceptualize, develop, and secure key corporate sponsorships and marketing partnerships with companies wishing to maximize their relationship with Columbus Crew SC. This position will report to the Vice President, Global Partnerships. This individual will have a proven track record in building successful partnerships as well as consistently securing seven- and eight-figure investments with FORTUNE 500 organizations. S/he must already have an established reputation and track record of success gained with any combination of major brands, teams or agencies.
- Present Legends’ brand to potential national/international sponsorship partners and develop an integrated, solution-driven approach to creating sponsorship packages
- Create, package and sell solution-based naming rights and sponsorship
- Meet and exceed all revenue goals
- Build and maintain a pipeline of new business prospects
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key decision-makers at client marketing companies and their respective advertising agencies
- Understand the marketing objectives of prospective clients and their agencies and determine how a Legends partnership can help them achieve their goals
- Coordinate with Legends national and regional sales teams to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of the sales process
- Research and identify industries and organizations to solicit for sponsorship
- Create conceptual sponsorship packages that can be bundled with cross-property inventory to maximize exposure and results for sponsors
- Secure and conduct sales meetings by leveraging relationships as well as cold calling
- Negotiate and close sponsorship deals and work with counsel through contract execution
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of success with cross-platform sponsorships, including sales, servicing and activation
- Preferable experience includes working with new and/or facility renovation projects within the Entertainment or Sports Industry
- Renowned solution-selling pedigree
- Solid book of business with high-level contacts at large and midsize corporations, particularly companies with sponsorship portfolios
- Expertise in identifying opportunities, developing strategies and negotiating creative solutions
- Exemplary problem-solving, communication and presentation skills
- Known throughout the industry for their poise and professionalism when interacting with internal and external contacts
- Pre-existing relationships with senior-level marketing executives in North America and/or Globally
- Key agency contacts with media buyers, planners, and senior media management
- Supreme understanding of media/advertising buys and client/agency relationships
- Strong interpersonal and leadership abilities with excellent communication skills
- A proven track record of creating and selling fully-integrated marketing programs
- High energy and a personality that thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Strong work ethic and a competitive drive to win
- Excellence in pitching, negotiating and closing six and seven-figure sponsorship deals
- Ability to communicate the value of sponsorship vs. pure media as a marketing solution
- Ability to develop creative proposals that meet and exceed potential partners’ needs
- Ability to excel in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Ability to quickly earn and maintain trust
- Ability to develop strong peer-level relationships and work in a team environment
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.