Regional HR Director - Eastern Region
Legends Corporate Office - NYC
New York, NY
Human Resources: Human Resources Generalist
REGIONAL HR DIRECTOR – EASTERN REGION
Location: Legends’ Corporate Office – New York, NY
Born from performance and inspired by icons, Legends has created a legacy of success, delivery and results with the icons of global sports, entertainment and business. Our passion for delivering remarkable experiences, at every occasion, has enabled us to redefine the role of a service provider and set a new expectation within the industry.
Legends’ mission is to supply our partners a best-in-class turnkey solution for their live entertainment venues through innovation and excellence. We are a different kind of company, doing things a different way, bringing new ideas and approaches to delight the fan, built on a strong partnership with our clients. As a service partner, Legends is responsible for the vast majority of guest interactions - The Moments of Truth – when lifelong memories are created and experiences are defined.
For that reason, we believe in the honor of service, where no request is unreasonable and going the extra mile isn’t the exception, it’s the expectation.
The Director of Human Resources is a critical position linking our people & talent strategies with business success. This highly visible leadership role within the Eastern Region is responsible for all the human resources needs for the following client groups: Legends Hospitality, Legends Global Sales and Live Nation venues. This role is responsible for talent acquisition, performance management, and employee relations for these clients. This role is responsible for the Eastern Region human resources projects and initiatives, metrics and analytics reporting and ensuring project and communication alignment between corporate and region. This role will develop, manage and communicate human resources projects and initiatives such as rewards and recognition, on-boarding, compensation processes, talent management and development for the Eastern Region. Additionally, this role will look for process improvement and alignment.
Serve as Business Partner
- Act as a constant conduit for communication between key leaders. Demonstrate depth of knowledge in functional HR areas: employee relations, compensation & benefits, training and organizational design, workforce planning, strategic staffing/recruitment and apply that knowledge to influence others towards successful solutions.
Labor (unions and third party management)
- Partner with Director of Labor Relations to establish, negotiate and maintain long-term labor relations strategies that support the business objectives, while creating an environment of trust. Ensure appropriate polices and processes are in place to meet all legal obligations, minimize organizational risk, and provide a safe and secure work environment for employees. Ensure proper preparation of information requested, or required, for compliance with all state and federal laws. Participate in grievance, arbitration, and contract negotiation proceedings.
Talent Management- Acquire, Develop and Maximize talent
- Be visible and focused on external recruitment balancing short term and long term talent planning, on-boarding and diversifying talent levels.
- Partner with General Managers to ensure proper onboarding of all seasonal staff.
- Identify strategic positions and ensure talent action plans are in place at all times (balancing both internal succession planning, external recruiting practices, bench strength assessment)
- Partner with Talent Acquisition Director to constantly challenge new innovation around the talent pipeline (where to source the best talent, how to attract them to Legends).
- Manage performance review process. Partner with business leads to ensure employees are aware of broader organizational, as well as individual priorities. Reinforce a constant feedback culture. Review, guide and approve management recommendations for employment terminations.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills; effectively influence others, the ability to make decisions quickly, and a high level of maturity. Other critical qualifications include:
- Bachelor degree required; business or an HR related major preferred. Master’s degree, SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or HRCI Professional in Human Resources (PHR) preferred.
- The ideal candidate has a minimum of seven years’ human resources experience, preferably with high-volume, multi-unit responsibility with heavy emphasis on employee relations, including conducting investigations and resolving grievances.
- Outstanding leadership skills with a high capacity for managing and prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously, influencing and gaining credibility with all levels of employees, management, union representatives and clients.
- Ensure human resource compliance with federal, state, and local laws. Work with the corporate legal team as needed to mitigate human resource related risks throughout the region.
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized with the ability to learn new programs and procedures quickly.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, business acumen, organizational savvy, and have sensitivity dealing with confidential information.
- High energy, with a focus on details.
- Must be flexible to work extended hours due to business requirements including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Willingness to travel (50% travel)
- Experience in a union work environment preferred, but not required.
- May lead or participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong PC skills (especially Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and experience; experience with timekeeping and HRIS preferred (UltiPro and ABI Mastermind a plus).
Reports directly to the SVP Business & Legal Affairs/General Counsel, with a dotted line to the RVP Legends Hospitality, VP Live Nation and the VP, Legends Global Sales. The Regional Human Resources Director will have strong, collaborative relationships with the broader Human Resources and Talent Acquisition team as well as venue GMs. Position is based in the New York corporate office and involves frequent travel.
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.
How did you hear about this job?